Sign in to follow this  
Jim

DRASTIC Insurance Reduction!

The joys of being old.....

I'm 32, with 3 points. Got business use and my girlfriend added. Fully comp, protected 5+ years. Unmodified VR6. Total cost £421.05 with Admiral. Very happy. :D

Briggy

Considering your unfortunate past, I wouldn't say thats too bad mate.

*edit*

Oh - I didnt see the 1 at the start of that 3 figure quote! Oops!

That's cos I edited it ;) I've made the small type bigger now :)

Have been with Adrian Flux for 2 and a bit years now. HIC consistenly come up with a lower quote, but then Adrain Flux always beat it to keep your business! :D Works for me! :lol:

Here's my attempts so far insurance due at end of the month (partly why I'm selling spent over 4 grand on insurance in 4 years of ownership) 29 3yrs nc. No performance mods

417 Elephant.co.uk

453 Admiral

771 Privilage

1027 Tesco

914 Egg

496 Bell Direct

916 insurance.co.uk

582 First Alternative

834 Direct Line

627 Greenlight

1420 Endsligh

979 Footman James

905 RAC

597 Norwich Union

will give John a call Monday and waiting for an email back from adrian fluc

Ey-up lad...... this ones into MILFS ! ;)

:lol: :roll: She's only 6 years older than me, and she doesn't have any kids... well, apart from the couple of hundred at her school! I think it was the fact she's a deputy headmistress at a primary school which made some of the difference as she's seen to be respectable, responsible and not a big risk... 8)

Just phoned up today and confirmed with Brentacre.. they managed to 'massage' the figures a little and get me down to £770 fully comp with protected no claims.

Happy bunny :)

Jim, I've just had my renewal through from Chris Knott. It's £650 TPFT. Down £100 since last year but I'll have 4 years no claims, no convictions/accidents or anything. Wouldn't mind paying what you are for fully comp. Do you have a power cap limit? I'll have to phone around tomorrow to get prices, not sure if I want to stay with Chris Knott after hearing some scary stories on here recently.

I was paying £900 this year for the VR with the car based in Somerset. Having recently moved upto London, they now want £1300!! Really don't wanna have to pay that sort of money. That was with Brentacre. Anyoneknow anyone elsefor a 23 year old with 3yrs NCB and one conviction(6 week ban) 4 years ago??

Brentacre have done me a good quote and has a 210bhp power limit so I can do what I like so long as the power doesn't exceed 210bhp @ the flywheel. The xs is £450 which is a bit more than I'd like but £700 TPFT for protected NCD is very good IMHO. It is through a company called ENZYME or something like that. Not sure to go for it yet or not as HIC quoted me £700 but not protected NCD but the guy said he'd try to beat any quote I got. I'll also phone my current insurers back to see if they can match or beat Brentacre. Wallet is going to take a hit either way methinks!

skimask said

Jim, if you've got 4 years NCB, then try esure you can get a quote online, you may be surprised

Yep, they were best for me. They like a few years of NCD, though.

I'd like to give a stonkingly large recommendation for elephant. Not only are they the cheapest that I've found by a long way, not only have they been extremely nice every time I've called them (and it's been a lot the last few months), not only are they willing to re-insure me after my write off, but they're also giving me a refund for the remaining amount of my policy as well! :shock:

I'm still waiting for a payout from them tho...

eSure refused to quote me and elephant said I had too many modifications :(

Just added my Mum to my policy with Elephant - £100 reduction. Cheers guys! :D :D

elephant hung up on me after I started to list the modifications to J-dub... :| They don't like more than 5 modifications to any car... (I'd done more than that to the supercharger piping alone! :| )

the bhp limit seems like a strange one to me in that it would be difficult to prove in certain circumstances if you see what I mean or am I missing something ?

I have a BHP limit on my car too... It's currently set at 255BHP (50% up on standard) That's how the insurance companies work out just how much of a nutter you are! ;) :lol:

I know what you're saying about proving it though... I really am going to have to get this one onto a rolling road both before and after fitting the engine I built for J-DUB into her so that I can prove the differences... ;) 8)