Sign in to follow this  
24V Renshaw

Winter project for G60Renshaw!! I am now in the 24v crew

Well what a weekend!!!

I just picked up a complete written off MK4 Golf V6 4motion, so I now have the winter to install the whole engine and complete MK4 wiring loom into my motor. I want to use the entire MK4 loom so I keep proper Vag-com etc.. and I can plug everything into the TT dash as per a factory car.

We had it running once we had played with Vag-com a bit and convinced it there we no faults, airbags etc.. It sounds awesome, can't wait to get it in the C!

BRING IT ON!! :) :shock: :twisted:

Jay

I think I might need the luck!!

Not actually that bad, just damaged in the wrong place. It has had the wheel stuffed into the drivers side floor pan which has bent up into the footwell. Main thing is the engine is untouched and all the electrics work.

Jay

Very nice.. your motor just goes from strength to strength.

Its a shame to see another G60 being ripped out and discarded in favour of a more modern motor though.. I understand the power and refinement that these newer V6's give but, you know, you see what I mean?

Good luck all the same though :)

I know what you mean Jim, but one of my main reasons for doing it is to allow the complete factory function of my TT dash. I need the modern engine to get everything out of it.

Jay

Thats fair enough :)

To be honest the V6 engines are mighty tempting anyway.. a MK3 Golf VR sailed past me yesterday whilst I was dawdling home and that 6 cylinder snarl as he went past just sounded too good.

Nice one Jay! Glad you're putting a proper engine in there to match the rest of the car.

I'm sure someone else will be able to make use of the hairdrier and lump tho :lol:

Poor old G60.... it's already an endangered species and eventually they'll disappear overnight like the Dodo :D

The VR units are evolving nicely now and make for a nice upgrade, especially in 24V form.

The G60 will be living on in another Corrado, so no need to worry. :)

I am not sure exactly when I will start the conversion, but when I do I will try and post as much info as possible.

Engine bay is going to get a fair bit of treatment first, once the G60 is out.

Jay

Lovely Job, that engine will sound amazein and go a lot better then in the golf/

BTW/ are you breaking that golf? few parts im lookin to buy if so.

Does nobody like the sound of the G60 anymore? :(

I'm still G60'ing and utterly hooked on the sound of 'em... 8)

When both cars are finished, I'll have a G60 in the grey one and something different in the blue one, but it may still have a G60 charger on it... ;) 8)

I like the sound of the G60 a lot. Certainly the most characterful and distinctive 4 pot I've ever heard 8)

And some people like the sound of a VTEC sewing machine at full chat? They obviously haven't heard a demonic G60 then.

I must admit, VW have always got the engine/exhaust notes right. Among all the hot hatches in the 80s, the MK2 GTi sounded the meatiest!

I must admit, VW have always got the engine/exhaust notes right. Among all the hot hatches in the 80s, the MK2 GTi sounded the meatiest!

Yeah i agree the mk2 gti as standard sounded well nice, I still miss my mk2 8v