Sign in to follow this  
LowG

whats the deal with gaping plugs for G60?

i bought a par of plugs,cheap ones,do i need to gap them?if so what do you gap?I can hardly rev above 4krpm,is this a sign cuz of the plugs?I heard about ecu reseting how can this be done? Im realy confused as why the car is so slow on pulling above 4.5krpm,could some1 give a few points to check. rgds

migs

g60

Thats W6dpo Nige :D ERROR!!! :D only joking!!! Yeah I second that get the proper platinums as you will probaby end up melting other lesser quality plugs and risk contaminating the bores by the plugs breaking up and falling into the bores!! Just my 2p's worth

went to german swedish and they want £19.99 a piece :mad: is this the right price or what?if it is :mad: some1 make me happy

Yeah I second that get the proper platinums as you will probaby end up melting other lesser quality plugs and risk contaminating the bores by the plugs breaking up and falling into the bores!! Just my 2p's worth

I changed all of the plugs, leads, rotor, cap and associated gubbins when I bought my C last year, I must say that I was shocked :shock: by the price of the proper Bosch plugs until I noticed that they basically run for ever! (around 45K miles AFAICR :?: ) Doesn't seem that unreasonable when you realise that they last a long while and they are pretty much the only plugs that work properly with the G60 engine! :D

here is a pic of my plugs now

To get the plugs that black, you have an over fueling problem... Either that, or your engine is burning oil faster than a diesel! :? (I think you'd have mentioned that though! :lol: )

Reset your ECU (To do this I think you dis-connect you battery for a few minutes, then connect the LIVE, then the EARTH to re-set it, but I could be wrong on this 'cos I've just got back from the pub! :wink:)

If re-setting your ECU (however you do it! come on guys, give the drunk here a hand to remember! :lol: ) doesn't solve it, then you really need to check your timing... Something isn't right here if your plugs are getting into this state and you can't get her to rev properly over 4K...

I'll look back with some more suggestions in the morning when I've sobered up and am getting paid to surf the site! :lol:

you need to get that car set up mate .... and £19.99 each for bosch w6dpo's no way..

Reset your ECU (To do this I think you dis-connect you battery for a few minutes, then connect the LIVE, then the EARTH to re-set it, but I could be wrong on this 'cos I've just got back from the pub! :wink:)

If re-setting your ECU (however you do it! come on guys, give the drunk here a hand to remember! :lol: ) doesn't solve it, then you really need to check your timing... Something isn't right here if your plugs are getting into this state and you can't get her to rev properly over 4K...

I'll look back with some more suggestions in the morning when I've sobered up and am getting paid to surf the site! :lol:

there is no reset for the g60 ecu as it dont have a temperary memory

just instaled the platinum bosch plugs £10 a piece and i can say the car is rev happy,what a difference,thanks to all you as i was gonna blow my engine if i had them shi##y plugs in there for bit longer,measured my cheap plugs with platos and the platos are shorter and the electrode is much finer,the guys that sold me the cheap pair said to me that they were fine,im gonna take the old 1nes back to them f-in liers. will set my co pot to 450 ohms as some people have suggested,is this the right resistance? rgds

miguel

g60