Sign in to follow this  
Shilakadaddy

What the?

:(

I'm attempting to fit a new milltek decat pipe bought from John (16vG60), and I'm kinda confused.... take a look

This is what I've taken off, thinking this was the CAT

old1.jpg

old2.jpg

And this is what I've bought:

new1.jpg

new2.jpg

Now they look the same to me... so what have I taken off? and what have I bought? :(

Cheers, Chris

Top one is a standard CAT, bottom one is a de-Cat with a slight silencer.

I cant see where the lambda probe bolts in on the second one.

really? I would have thought the original would have been more restrictive... they both look the same when looking through which is why I was confused :?

There is a holder for the lambda probe on the decat one, but its on the other side in that picture.

Well thanks for the quick reply :)

Chris

Oh dear!

Soon to be sold on ebay: 1 supersprint de-cat exhaust for Corrado/Golf G60 ... :)

Sorry, but it is amusing.. :) :)

:lol: thanks for the sympathy guys!

I figured it was either a decat pipe or I'd been sent the wrong thing from John, ah well I've fitted it anyway, gave me something to do :p

So yeah as dr_mat suggested... who wants a Supersprint decat? :)

it'll definately be a supersprint decat.. the rest of the exhaust is supersprint, already fitted when I bought the car, I just didn't realise that it had a decat pipe too (I expected it just to be a pipe without a silencer). Ah well I now have a nice shiney decat and am a little wiser to the mystical world of identifying car parts :roll:

My flatmates just bought a decat pipe for his 306, so now I have the responsibility of fitting that... since I know so much about them :roll: :lol:

it increases exhaust flow (decreases back pressure) and can help free up a few horses... It's more beneficial for forced induction (Super/turbo charged) cars though... 8)

Oh, and taking the cat off also helps stop your car from pumping out some seriously nasty chemicals rather than a bit of carbon monoxide...

(California is about to ban catalytic convertors on new cars after a study showed just how much worse/more harmful the gasses coming out of a cat were compared to the gasses coming out of a non-cat car!)

well when the cat falls apart on my vr6 i'll stick a cat bypass pipe on.

cats do pump out some crazy shizzle though.

bring back lead. lead never did no one no harm.