Sign in to follow this  
King_prawn

Can't believe it!

Just got hammered by a god forsaken SAXO that was 4 up!

Off at the lights for a straight up hill sprint, could'nt keep up with him. I definitely need to get my G60 sorted its embarrasing.

If it was a VTS (16V) Saxo, they are pretty quick. They only way about 900Kg though. Corrados significantly more! The book speed for a standard G60 is not that impressive due to the odd gearing. The Saxo VTS's 0-60 time is lower than 8 seconds.

Just some things to consider, don't be too disheartened. My VR6 struggles to keep up with some embarrassing cars too.

Kev

94 VR6

If it was a VTS (16V) Saxo, they are pretty quick. They only way about 900Kg though. Corrados significantly more! The book speed for a standard G60 is not that impressive due to the odd gearing. The Saxo VTS's 0-60 time is lower than 8 seconds.

Just some things to consider, don't be too disheartened. My VR6 struggles to keep up with some embarrassing cars too.

Kev

94 VR6

I've heard others say that it's only over 120 :shock: that you get the better of some cars...

Hehe... I'll check the Saxo forum then as someone is bound to be posting about how they kicked a Corrado's ass :D

Bear in mind as well that quite a few Saxo owners have taken the supercharger or turbo route as they are relatively cheap mods for cheap cars.. a full turbo conversion costs about £3000.

Doubt it was a VTR though... as soon as I put more than one person in mine it goes like a slug.

thats very disapointing :roll:

a saxo? they are a total piece of s**t!

how many people u have in the car?

Can't be a total piece of s**t if it kicked a Corrado G60's ass...

Off at the lights for a straight up hill sprint, could'nt keep up with him. I definitely need to get my G60 sorted its embarrasing.

#

you must have something wrong with your car like a boost leak or sumthin,check it out,but yea a saxo is a piece of crap even if they beat a g60. :p

#

you must have something wrong with your car like a boost leak or sumthin,check it out,but yea a saxo is a piece of crap even if they beat a g60. :p

I'll second that cos on the way out earlier i had a 206 GTI Trying to pass me over and undertaking, he eventually found a cap so i waited till he was level with me undertakeing me, going round a corner(him on the inside of the bend) im in 5th, i just pressed the pedel and breezed back past him, he then sat on my arse after i slowed down (missus) , then i just opened her up and floored it, left him standing then missus again giving me shit so i pulled in let him pass and he then cuts infront of me!! being a dick as if to say i win LOL

My mates has got a 16v jetta with 250000 miles on the clock standard "Very Fast" A Saxo VTS tried his luck, at 130 mph he was history.. Had a battle with one of these saxos in my Old VR6 Golf coming back from stoke on a very long straight, I left him for dead at 120 leaving about a four car distance, the guy was about 50 he was a total maniac, I did this about four times to him had to give up in the end the missus was battering me over the head! " Not happy" :evil:

The optimum words being 'off the lights' of course cos the saxo's weigh next to nothing whereas the corrado's a hefty old thing! had it been a properly sorted g60 (not saying yours aint) and a dual carrigeway run i'd put my money on the corrado 8)

Yeah my Corrado is completely standard and the supercharger is leaking oil. But I agree my car has seen better days as it was only me in the car at the time. Been generally trying to take it easy until i can afford to get the charger upgraded. Hopefully getting a boost guage next week so i can see whats happening.

Remember comfortably beating a VTS in my old G60, but it was around a roundabout and up a dual carriage way, not off the lights.

Erm, let's also have a bit of sensitivity towards Jim here, you lot have just badly dissed his car! :? It may not be a C, but it's still a decent little car- good value etc- just happens that a lot of them are driven by complete idiots, thus giving them a bad name.

is different when you drive a car cuz you like it and when you drive one cuz you have to conditions ect. I drive a Corrado cuz i like it I also drive other cars but i dont really care about them like i do for the c,there is quite e bit of difference froma saxo and G60 plus the image that those cars have thats why we say what we say.

Migs, I agree entirely about the image of the Saxo etc, and it's not exactly a Corrado, but I think some of the comments above were incredibly insensitive towards Jim. It's bad enough that he can't drive the car he wants to (unlike the rest of us), let alone having people being completely disrespectful about the car he currently drives out of neccesity.

Must.... get.... another..... Corrado.

ARRRRGH.

:D

Its not so much that I think people are being insensitive.. it just kinda sucks to have people knock the car you drive directly to your face. I wouldn't dream of doing that to anyone, regardless of what they drove.

Yes, it really isn't a Corrado, and it has (a well deserved) bad image - every Saxo I see has been messed with in some way or other. And on some forums, the stereotype is just too painful. Thats why I like having a standard one... I look forward to being able to sell it as an unmodified and unmolested example...... so that someone can buy it and modify and molest it ;)

I could have bought an old Golf or something - it would have been a lot cheaper than the Saxo, but I wanted something 'nearly new', reasonable speedy, and under warranty for a set amount, and the Saxo was spot on. Plus I wanted to be able to trade my car in and be rid of it rather than having to try and sell it.. because I knew I would never be able to do it otherwise. I never actually thought I would miss being part of the vw scene as much as I do though..

Anyway...

Must.... get.... another..... Corrado.

ARRRRGH.

:D

hmmmmm......of course there's always mark gough's one 8) jim :wink:

low-ish miles and been well pampered.....go on you know you want it :wink:

and don't let the saxo ribbing get to you mate...........most of us know how much you want to get back into Corrado-ownership

I've already talked with Mark a lot about his 16v.. it really is a beautiful condition machine but I pretty much decided that whenever I come back to Corrado ownership it'll be in a VR - already had a 16v and whilst I loved it, but a VR is where I wanna be :D

Eventually.

:)

I think we should all stop slaggin the saxo, after all its a nice little compact run around thats cheap to run and insure, which jim is taking advantage of untill he can get a VR. Its just the "scene" and a few "idots" thats drive them. (not you jim)

becasue the saxo is so cheap it has become a modders car for these idiots and lest face it with free insurance its a pritty attractive package (only if they knew about these free insurance sceme!! :evil: :lol: ) , and any business that are in that game is right to take advantage of that fact and produce all the shit they stick to the things. its easy money!!

just my 2cents

saxo vts are rapid though, i have seen standard ones at pod to a 14.8 1/4 mile

i never got to race one in my punto :(

did race my mates clio 172 cup and it was even all the way to 140

Moderators, this kind of illiterate and rude drivel belongs on the ClubGTI forum. Can we do something before all the decent people leave?

Kev

94 VR6

Kev - was getting a bit pissed off at the abuse Jim (well his car at least) was getting.

Gonna lock this one as it's serving no useful purpose.

This isn't due to you LowG, in case you think it's because you were last mentioned, it's the general tone of the thread that's not really called for.