Sign in to follow this  
roo

KR > 9A loom and ECU swap?

Chaps, i'm getting really into rebuilding my KR valver engine (although its more dismantling and cleaning at the mo) and i've just got hold of a 9A bottom end which i'm intending to have re-honed and fit new bearings, rings to etc.

What i'm wondering, is since i'm making the effort to do all this work, I don't want the bind of having to use Optimax petrol to potentially avoid pinking and so ideally i'd like to 'upgrade' to a system with knock control.

Am I right in thinking that I can keep my current K-Jet as it is and just basically swap the KR wiring loom (crispy in places!) and ECU for a 9A one, or is it a bit more complicated than that?. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Andy

I'd stick with the KR ECU and hunt down VSAM for it instead. Simpler way to do it IMO. I have the software and can advise on hooking it up.

Gavin

im using standard kr stuff runnin 9degrees advance without pinkin on normal unleaded! and theres only 2 garages on the isle of wight that sell super unleaded!!!!

Ahh, it sounds like I should be ok 'as is' then, just thought i'd see what other peeps are running.

If go the VSAM route i'll let you know Gavin, cheers for the offer mate.