The other day some bloke pulled up behind me in a lowered Mk 2 as I was filling up. He starts pumping, looks over at me and says, "Not quite graduated to one of those yet."

Hehe, one day my son...... :lol:

Over heard two bloke's in my local chippy !!

(1st guy) That's one of though's car's were it goes up and down at the back !

(2nd guy) what the suspension ?

Prick ! :lol:

Must have seen mine!

Corrado_123.jpg

On the way to VW Mania in Belgium one year we stopped at a service area near Brussels and I was stopped by a middle aged Belgiumiseisation (dont know what the term is) woman -

"You have a very beautiful car, sir!" she said - warms the heart dont it?

drove to Anglesey in convoy with a mate in a 350z and my Corrado - i got more looks than he did on the motorway

he wasnt impressed!

dinkus: Nuked the double post for you

Got a comment from the guy behind the counter of my local petrol station the other day, "Nice cars those, don't see too many of them any more.", at which point another Corrado pulled up at the pump next to mine!

Perfect timing! :)

had a bit of a play with a lotus on the M6 on the way to the Warrington CGTI meeting on sunday... got a big thumbs up of respect from him and an approving nod as I pulled off the motorway... That's something you don't get in many other 14 year old cars! :lol: (especially not at 110mph! :lol: ;) )

Got home early from work and has I had a couple of hours good daylight decided to have a look at my heap and figure out what the problem is, about 15 mins later a bloke just appears from behind the bonnet, compliments the car and asks how the charged version compares to the VR6 as he has previously owned 2 VR's and has been offered a tidy G60...

I keep getting comments about my car at work which is nice.. someone came down and chatted to me about it today "Noticed its got leather in too.. very nice!" and "I bet its pretty quick?" - to which I kinda chuckled and said its not going to set any records, but it'll humble plenty of cocky BMW drivers and the like :)

I was driving back from a mates through town last night, and there were lots of people about. I stopped at some lights outside a club, and there were people drunkenly crossing the road including one blonde girl who was standing in the middle of the street having a conversation with someone on the pavement.

She turned round and saw me, and a look of astonishment came over her face, she pointed and in an awestruck voice, said "Corrado."

Made me smile :-)

i have had dunken people shout "Corrado" too!

Dont know what it is that makes people do it when drunk..........

Nothing wrong with that!! I still shout 'Polo' everytime i see one and i sold mine last year!

Took my car to a garage in Glasgow last night to get the camber & tracking looked at. The guy came out to have a look at the tyres for wear and commented on how nice the car was and the fact that there aren't many Corrados about anymore. Shucks! :oops:

I've had two over the past couple of months - makes you feel good.

One was at a set of traffic lights, the chap banged on his window to ask me for directions and then commented on how he was a big VW fan and loved Corrado's (before speeding off in his rep-mobile)

Second was in Sainsbury's car park. I came back to my car and this guy was looking around it admiringly and said he'd always wanted one (think he had a 16v mk2 golf). His girlfriend gave him a very old-fashioned look!

i was loading the shoping into the boot on an asda carpark and saw a couple walking upto there pug, the bloke just stood staring key in hand, when i heard his bird say "are you going to let me into the car or what"his reply was "corrado", and as we drove past the back of there car i saw him dislocating his head to watch us drive down the car park.

made me smile

I was down at me nans over the weekend to take her out for a meal..highly amusing watching a 94 yr old women trying to get out of a lowered corrado.. i did help obviously! before anybody complains..anyway, when she was walking it up to it she said "ooooo arent your wheels nice, are they new" (think my mum had told her to say that) then when she got in it she said " i didnt know VW made nice cars, i thought they only made beetles" lol made me chuckle.

i overheard a couple of chavs yesterday walking past the c while parked up.

'whoa,look at that porsche'

:? :lol:

Actually, i met this lady that i was quite struck with called Jane and felt pretty close to instantly, lovely kisser tiny waist stunningly pretty(at least in my eyes) Pleanty of money, 3 yr old 320Coupe kompressor, the git big long thing, and she likes me which is a bonus!

She said my VR was ugly and she hated it and "i'm not going to go and meet her in that thing again am I?"

Needless to say i never went back to see her!

All true.

However i do still think of her! :oops: :cry:

Chris

Not really a chuftie but i ahve now owned my c for about two weeks and i cant get over the amout of stares/glances/head spins it keeps getting. And not just from the typical young lad either. i've had young, old, male and female look. Even had people in porsche's and top spec motors eyeing her up.

Proof indeed that they really are a unique special car.

Makes me love mine even more.

P.S. Jane = Cute (shame she had to go)

I had what could only be described as a Bob Marley lookalike actually ask me how much I wanted for the car, while we were driving along next to each other on a dual carrigeway!!...... :!:

"Not for sale thanks"

Pulled up at a petrol station next to a rather nicely modded new Mini... driver walks back to his car as I'm filling up, wanders past, has a good look at my car, nods to me, smiles and says "nice car mate... I've always fancied one of these..." then gets in his mini and drives off... 8)