Sign in to follow this  
MNuTz

Oil temp & pulley question

Lo all,

2 questions:

1) Took my C out the other day to the garage and was playing with the MFA and it was indicatiting that my oil temp was 114'c!! I thought this was running high so kept an eye on it. It would go from 100-114 and back again whilst driving. What temp should the oil be at and should it vary this much?

2) My mate next door has recently bought himself a G60 that need some body work and a new interior. He had the engine running yesterday and when he pushes the accelerator the engine doesnt respond straight away and he noticed that the very bottom pulley seems to move from side to side while the engines running. He asked me to check mine and mine stays perfectly still. Any ideas as to whats wrong with his car and how much it will be to fix?

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Oil Temp - about right for standard, if your not happy and plan to keep the car along time then a Mocal remote oil cooler is a worthwhile upgrade...

very bottom pulley seems to move from side to side while the engines running

:shock:

I hope your not talking about the crank?? - If so don't run the car until fixed (probably not this as you'd need to take a plastic cover off to see)

Most likely the waterpump or Pas pulley - water pump is on the larger belt... If so the pulleys are held on by allen bolts, check to see if they can be tighten'd...