Sign in to follow this  
mistrall

were ius a fuel filter?

It should be just in front of your off side rear wheel... had to have mine replaced just after I got my C but the lads at VW said these are designed to last the life of the vehicle. Not an expensive part and fairly easy to change but you'll need to jack the back up to get at it.

HTH (and is correct :lol: )

Phil K - The lads you spoke to at VW were talking crap - when I worked for VWUK (3-4 years ago), we used to change the fuel filters every 2 years !!

I would advise that everybody does this.

Ill be changing my filter and pump soon...as soon as i get of my lazy lorry driving arse lol..think the filters gotta look pretty manky after 102k

what doesd it look like and is it an easy job or should i get a garage to do it?

is it expensave ?

also what would a mancy fuel filter doo in the case of problems? like performence?

thanks for the quick reply

Ill be changing my filter and pump soon...as soon as i get of my lazy lorry driving arse lol..think the filters gotta look pretty manky after 102k

I changed mine on the golf last year, I reckon it was never changed in 120k miles and 13 years up to then. The difference it made to the car was unbeliveable. I cut the old one open afterwards to see what it looked like. Here are the pics. I think it's fair to say it needed changing :lol:

filter1.jpg

filter2.jpg

what doesd it look like and is it an easy job or should i get a garage to do it?

is it expensave ?

easy enough for the up and coming mechanics of the dub world 8)

pretty self explanatory when you see it.

its a silver cylindrical shaped thing,ive heard the big jubilee clip? holding it can break from being corroded...

best try soaking it in wd40 or similar first.

neil. :D

my valver has 122k on her and i dont know wether it was changed at all so it might be worth a look then :) could it improve/restore performence? and if so how much in a bad case?

could make a noticable difference all round m8 :D

smoother tick over,more responsive etc...

lookin at geo's i can believe it made a difference for him!

neil.