Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

G60 vs VR6 vs 8v vs 16v

Some very light moded G60's and properly sorted will make a VR look silly though

G60 faster?

Some very light moded G60's and properly sorted will make a VR look silly though

G60 faster?

Yes it can be with little cash,G60 are more tunable than VR6 up to a certain point for us normal G60 lovers but then if you take it to the extreme the VR6 can be turbo but the luck you will find a VR6 turbo is very slim as they expensive so most moded G60 are quicker than VR6's but all depends what youv done to it.

Yeah.

You have to spend LOADS to Tune up a VR6 to do the same Kind of performance that G60 can be tuned to. Best thing for a VR is probably a VSR inlet manifold but these are VERY Expensive. if you can find one!!!! :shock:

And even then thats not an enormous power gain.. doesn't it give much nicer mid-range torque? Not that the VR needs it.. :)

Something like that, but once you get the VSR there is The Cam, Re-map, Charger conversion...

Now were talking!!!!! :p :D

Have to Rob a bank though :cry:

well if you have a vr and you want to tune with a charger and vsr i say dont bother,if you have that much money to spend id get a nice turbo with a short log manifold,front intercooler porsche 944,ported to 3.1l forged pistons balanced crank and all the forged goddies,stand alone fuel managment ported head and so on. I bet for a nice 6 grand one can build up a 400-500hp vr turbo,that is if you do the work yourself in your own garage,maybe some day :?

When i said charger, i didn't necissarily mean Super charger......

Luckily though i have a G60!

Too much money needed for a VR :shock:

Just thinking that ! The two cars are completly different IMHO.... And Brian "your" G60 isnt faster than a VR so there ! :lol:

G60 faster?

That's correct, all you need in a G60 is a K&N air filter and it'll completely obliterate a VR6. In fact, the G60 is so much faster, I'm trading my VR6 tomorrow :D

Kev

94 VR6

Just thinking that ! The two cars are completly different IMHO.... And Brian "your" G60 isnt faster than a VR so there ! :lol:

well your the man to ask.....after all you've had both :wink:

G60 faster?

That's correct, all you need in a G60 is a K&N air filter and it'll completely obliterate a VR6. In fact, the G60 is so much faster, I'm trading my VR6 tomorrow :D

Kev

94 VR6

hehe no need to be sarcastic but its true 8)

Alright chaps, enough yeah? Each to our own and all that, we don't want to put our newbies off.

Cheers

Kev

94 VR6

hehe no need to be sarcastic but its true

LMAO ! This thread is just getting silly now guys....... an MR2 isnt really a match

for a Corrado be it a G60 or a VR6. The Corrado is one of THE best handling FWD

cars EVER. And thats a fact. The MR2 is a little too tiwtchy near the limit and I personaly

have never come across a fast 2lr 16v MR2 ..... In fact i used to be neck and neck

back in the day i had my 1.8 16v engine in !.......... There are plenty of G60 v VR6

threads to use guys so lets stay on topic.

Right. That's it. You lot have made up my mind.

Just posted this in parts for sale:

========================================================

1995 2.9 VR6 Engine (ABV) 85k miles. Full VWSH. Recently Dyno'd at 191bhp. Oil consumption negligible. £999.

(replacing this with a worn out 1991 G60 engine 250k miles no SH 'cos everyone ses it's faster)

========================================================

:wink:

(sorry - couldn't resist!)

Mmmmmm sarcasm. ;)

This thread is not a VR vs G60 thread. Please keep it on-topic.

Ta

.... And Brian "your" G60 isnt faster than a VR so there !

Cheers Paul. Thanks for reminding me.... :roll: :lol:

Edit:please keep this on-topic as VR6 has said-vr6storm

My G60's faster than than VR cost me a a few £££'s to get it where its at though

sandy

how much u want for it Kev? Can't be worth much as it's so slow

:D :D

Right, seeing as though you're unable to stop the bickering in an unrelated thread, I've created one for you.

Humour/opinions welcome but if it turns into a slagging match, it can/will be closed.

And please do not mention MR2's.....there's another thread for that ;)

I have a few questions about the whole G60 vs VR6 deal..in advance, I'm new to these cars, but I'm learning ;)

First of all: So is it realistically cheaper to buy a G60 and tune it to get a car with the same or better performance as a VR6 for the same amount of money(as you would pay for a G60 + tuning)?

2nd: Are there any physical appearance differences between the G60's and VR6's?

I'm currently searching for a C, but mind you, I'm in the US, so gear comments accordingly please :shock:

Cheers!