Sign in to follow this  
MikeVR6

Rieger Illuminated Gear Knob and Gaitor

Mike, yup... wanted a red one to go with the red switches and reverse LCDs I'll have in the car soon... Was going to use it in J-DUB, but I may be doing something a little different to her which would mean I can't use this gearknob... ;)

Henny, I love the little teaser you keep dropping about JDUBs future ;)

loving the illumination on the 'stick by the way

Lippy

fitted it and it's now working.... Looks excellent and I don't think it looks tacky either (which I was very worried about...)

Pics later when it's dark so you can see it lit up! :lol:

Henny, is the red consistant - looks a little uneven in their photos.

I'm undecided between red - like switches - or blue - like climatronic/road angel and LCDs... ;)

red is VERY uniform... it's actually rather nice and has grown on me lots on my drive home in the dark last night... unfortunatly no photos today 'cos the camera batteries were dead... :oops: I'll get some on Weds night (Off to see Judas Priest tonight 8) ) and post 'em up thursday... 8)

Glad you're happy with them guys.

I'll post up some pics of my green illuminated one once I get round to fitting it.

@ Henny Breakin' the Law, Breakin' the Law

I'm seeing The Mighty Priest here in Belfast on Thursday :)

Not too keen on the support though...

The Scorpions??? :shock:

:lol: Yeah, should be good, but I get the feeling my hearing's gonna be shot for a fair few days afterwards! ;)

Thanks for pointing these out... I was just gonna go to GPC and buy another original one... :)

i was going to keep my c completely standard, but i'm tempted by this mod- 8) does the gear knob screw directly on to the shaft or is it held in place by fixing lugs? currently i've got a richbrook touring knob which needed half a roll of duck tape to get a snug fit

ANDY16V, it's held in by 3 allen grub screws, but the hole in the center is spot on for the Corrado's shaft so it's a nice tight fit and doesn't move around... 8)

Hi Karmann I don't have any pictures (haven't wired in the illumination yet, another job on the "to-do" list) :)

However, I can tell you that combined with a good Momo steering wheel it smartens up the interior nicely.

It also works very well with one of Daves16v's Quickshift kits.

Gosh, these look very similar to my own knob, and i thought it was a one off! Ill go do some picks now for you. Got mine off ebay for £6 !!

Gosh, these look very similar to my own knob, and i thought it was a one off! Ill go do some picks now for you. Got mine off ebay for £6 !!

Perhaps not the same, not sure who made mine?? Good quality and subtle looking, plus the green illum is ident to the dash for that oem look....

nick48480, the red illumination on mine matches my dash too... ;)

That does look very similar to the Reiger one... did it come with the gaitor too? That was the main reason I got one... I was going to go OE, but at £20 for the knob and about £30 for a decent leather gator, the Reiger one worked out too close in price to be ignored! 8)

Shameless bump on an old thread but only ordered mine 5 days ago and it was delivered this morning! Talk about service, considering its come all the way from the states.

Not sure what to do with it yet.. it was a bit of an impulse buy but not sure if I want it now.. it does look very nice though.. well impressed with the finish on it and it looks well worth the £58! :)

Just the cutting of wires, etc that i'm not sure about.. never done owt like that before on a car :|

Blue illuminated mate. But cause its for my Golf its 6 speed so..