Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Front Bumper Removal

Anyone know how to remove the front Bumper off a late face lifted G60.

Im trying to get at my intercooler for cleaning and to add a home made cooling aid. but can get the bumper off.

I've got the chin spoiler off, and the inter wheel arch covers, but cant find any bolt to undo the bumper. any ideas?? :?

Thanks but i've just sorted it all, got the bumper off, cleaned the intercooler, (very dirty) put it all back together too!!!

The 4 17mm bolts where hard to undo!!!

[/img]

G60Jet,

After you had cleaned the intercooler was there a difference in performance?

I'm thinking of cleaning mine out at the weekend.

G60Jet,

After you had cleaned the intercooler was there a difference in performance?

I'm thinking of cleaning mine out at the weekend.

I've not really had chance to drive it yet as i've got the car in the garage off the road for major cleaning, but it was really dirty

OK. I'm going to give it a good clean out this weekend. What did you use to clean it?

I've got a can of spray on Gunk that I use on the engine bay every now & again. Will this be sufficient?

OK. I'm going to give it a good clean out this weekend. What did you use to clean it?

I've got a can of spray on Gunk that I use on the engine bay every now & again. Will this be sufficient?

I used de gunk spray, and washing powder to brake down the oil inside. then dried it all with a hair dry with too ages, and it got very hot!!

Cheers G60Jet,

Washing Powder eh! For that fresh clean smell!! :lol:

Its great for soakin up oil, try it on the garage floor next time you drop some on the floor!!

Whatever you do, DO NOT take out the middle bolt! my engine nearly fell on the floor and nearly crushed me!!! I was also following instructions from an article on Jans VW site! load of good he was!

If you have an immaculate C, then its also best to have a friend with you, just to make sure you dont scratch anything or drop the bumper! (not me then!) :) :)

Also when bolting the I.C back on, it is wise to put stainless bolts on as they get very rusty and are hard to remove the next time it needs to come off.

Think im gonna have a look at my cooler.

the old jabba charger will have filled it with oil i reckon.

Edited by Riley

Holy thread ressurection batman... :crazyeyes:

Almost 32 months between posts! :|

I removed my front bumper and had to use a jack because the center screws are missing. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of screws ca I use(M6, M8 or M10.....length, step )... or at least a photo ....

erm... I just ordered the bolts for Dinkus but I think these are the 4 outer ones... M10 I think, big feckers - were about a fiver for the 4....

right started to remove my bumper took the 2x 17mm bolts out on the drivers side and there was a hell off alot of movement?is it because the little bolt in the middle is missin?or have i just babbered myself for nothin :lol:

just found out there is no middle bolt in either side allthough the bumper is now off,where will i get the 2 bolts from on a sunday?