Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

pulling to the right under power

Fast road pads :-

with ABS - 64604F £32.50 + vat - Pagid

with ABS - 64604FG £26.00 + VAT - EBC Greenstuff

without ABS - 64601F £25.00 + vat - Pagid

without ABS - 64601FG £26.00 + vat - EBC Greenstuff

so i did the rear calipers and hanbbrake cables along with new vw disks and pagid fr pads this has made a huge difference but i found out the calipers were fine it was the cables rusted solid! oh well i put the mk4 items on anyway! and hennys right can now do h'brake turns!! but the bloody thing still pulls to one side gonna have another investigate but i think itll end up in the garage as ive got better things to be doing (oil cooler!!)

Most common causes of pulling under load is the lower control arm bushings, upper strut mounts, and worn motor mounts. If the motor is moving around this weight can cause the front of car to shift around. Take a good look at all of the front end parts such as ball joints, control arm bushings, tie-rods, and steering mounts. After this I would check the motor mounts, you may even need to remove the hood and drive it and see if the motor is shifting around. I had this problem with a buddy and we went over all of the suspension and found it was extremly worn motor mounts.

Cheers, Dennis

Most common causes of pulling under load is the lower control arm bushings, upper strut mounts, and worn motor mounts. If the motor is moving around this weight can cause the front of car to shift around. Take a good look at all of the front end parts such as ball joints, control arm bushings, tie-rods, and steering mounts. After this I would check the motor mounts, you may even need to remove the hood and drive it and see if the motor is shifting around. I had this problem with a buddy and we went over all of the suspension and found it was extremly worn motor mounts.

Cheers, Dennis

Tyre pressures & wheels bearings can also make a difference.. :wink:

cheers guys ill check the motor mounts tie rods and steering rack mounts i thought about checking the motor mounts as i do get a bit of drivetrain back lash? but ill leave the tyre pressures till last heard that can be a pig of a job!!! :D

can i get uprated steering rack mounts for the corrado?

Sorta, the drivers side of the rack uses no bushings but bolts directly to the sub-frame. The passengers side of the rack uses a rubber bushing that can be replaced by a poly one but it will make minimal difference as the drivers side is firmly bolted in place.

Dennis

I have some spare poly ones you can have..

steve your a gent if i chuck ya some ££ for postage and yer time let me know ive got your address somewhere i think. shoot me a pm mate

ive noticed my nearside shock is pissing out fluid, so im gonna have it refurbed thank god avo are only 20 miles away but lost the damn locking wheel nut key! guess whos going to buy a set of large splined sockets! hope the shock is the cause of this i really do fed up now and want a fmic and sns chip before the respray! the list goes on! still she does look nice in the clear evenings when polished up isnt that the best time to look at a car you cant see the dents or scratches just the shape and the shine!

My car also pulls to the right under power slightly. Following a test drive, JMR diagnosed other wierd high speed handling characteristics to worn dampers. I'm having coilovers fitted on Monday along with new wishbones and bushes, new drop link bushes and new ball joints. Following that I'll get it laser aligned and it should be good as new. Unlike my wallet which is as good as empty :(

billinjahg60, what type of locking studs do you have ?

Some main dealers have a set of master keys for some of the types available.

When you get some new ones - get the "McGard" type from Halfords - spare keys can be ordered for these.

any update on this m8 :?:

mines pulling to the left continuously but more so under power. :x

just fitted coilovers and its still doing it.

anyone got the camber/tracking settings for the g60?

cheers,neil.

no update yet dude im getting my shocks refurbed this week but im sure yours is just a set up prob most laser places will have the settings im hoping its the shocks as ive done everything else. steve have no idea what sort of lockers they are have three long slots of varying sizes around the edge? ive noticed another steering related noise when i turn the wheel at low speed or stationary it clicks at a certain point and you can feel it through the whell also you feel it when you hold the knuckle on the column are these knuckles servicable? or cheap? looks fairly simple to get out or is it fairly unlikely to be this? its hard to tell where the click is coming from.