Sign in to follow this  
bigbob

question re: door sill kick plates

hi :)

question; can larger than standard size corrado door sill kick plates be got hold and fitted properly to the corrado?

i want to remove my standard black plastic ones and fit some longer than standard ones

regards

I know that Dinkus (at least I think it was him :? ) did a group buy on stainless steel kick plates, but I have no idea if they're longer or wider than the plastic ones fitted as standard... :|

The stainless steel plates on Dinkus' group-buy were from Dub Design Industries. They replaced the normal plastic ones but were no longer or wider than standard.

I don't think you can go that much longer on them anyway.. wider certainly, but i've yet to find ones that actually protect the very edge of the sill (where people always scuff their feet :roll: )

but i've yet to find ones that actually protect the very edge of the sill (where people always scuff their feet )

This might be better protected with a strip of rubber - something like a bike inner tube opened to form a flat thin rubber sheet.

fla said

This might be better protected with a strip of rubber - something like a bike inner tube opened to form a flat thin rubber sheet

Fla - A guy who thinks like me.

I actually stuck a black vinyl/rubber strip on the sills of my Peugeot about 13 years ago. Most of it is still on. I got the stuff from Halfords. Typically for some items in that store, it was the only roll they had and looked like it had been on the shelf for years.