Sign in to follow this  
wateryGrave

What do you think to these?

Hi, Finally decided it's time to grow up & trade in the mk2 golf for a Corrado!

I want a late VR6 in top condition. Found these 2 on advertised. What do you guys think?

1) 1996 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.9 VR6 3dr Coupe

1996/N, 36000 miles, FVWSH, 1 previous owner, metallic purple, full grey Karmann leather interior, heated seats, Clifford Cat1 Alarm, Kenwood CD changer, 17" alloys, e/w/m/s/r/spoiler, computer, ABS, PAS, MOT & Tax, Absolutely mint condition. £8495.

2) 1995 VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO 2.9 VR6 Storm 3dr Coupe

Mystic Blue. Black Leather seats, Sunroof, ABS, Revolutiion BBS Alloy wheels, Clifford Cat I Full Close Anti Theft System, Alpine CD, New Tyres, Recently Serviced, 11 months MOT, 4 months Tax, A1 condition. 61500 miles. £7200.

----

£8500 is a little more than i had planned to spend (was looking around the 7-7.5k mark), but is #1 really worth this amount?

Also, what's the difference in spec if you get a storm?

Cheers,

wG

£8500 is expensive for a C but that is a very low mileage.

The Storm came in 2 special paint codes, green with cream leather or Mystic Blue with black leather. The green was also available on early vr6's but the blue is storm exclusive. They also came with different alloys but that doesnt apply here. The storm is also one insurance group higher.

In my humble opinion if you are going to spend that money then go for the storm. THere is twice the miliage on it but it is still barely broken in (i've heard 75K is the mark)

8.5 is a bit steep but as joe says the miles are v low.

i know you are just really paying for the strom badge cause there ain't a lot of difference but they are still very rare.

just my 2p

cheers

Paul

Rory has put his car in the Cars for sale section @ 5.5k looks alot better value. Whatever you save you can spend on it. :lol:

I'd even consider a cheap MK2 golf in pex for my corrado to get me round Cumbria in my new job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now thats a deal waiting to be sealed if ever I heard it :D

I'll update the photos now and see what interest i get, even got photos of the service history etc

Cool.. wouldn't mind seeing your C in a little more detail because it certainly does look a bit nice :)

Had a look at the cars for sale section - it's not quite what i'm looking for. Ideally wanted Blue with leather. Being fussy, but i'd rather shell out for the car i want.

Still not sure about the metallic purple colour???

Hopefully going to see the storm tonight\tomorrow. May go & see the other one, but leaning towards the storm. What do you think to the price of the storm?

Sounds spot on, if its in mint condition then go for it. Maybe offer £6800 or and see what they say.

mate, forget what Joe M says about offer him £6800, you are only going to haggle up to £7000, its not worth all that bartering for £200 quid.

I sell cars for a living so I know the trade well, say to him providing you like the car and its all pucca, say that you will give him £6400 cash now, thats the deal I can offer you.

The cars sounds fine, why would he want to sell it, he may need cash for what ever reason, lets face it, we all need cash and show me another car on the net with a similar spec and alter the price or something to show him the car is worth less than stated.

You have to play hard ball, dont be afraid to offer him silly money and even if he doesnt accept it just walk away saying you have my number and I need to be in a car by sat / sun and you wait and see what happens.

When I was 18 I bought my first G60 from a trader in London, I liked the car so much I had all the cash ready to give him but I never showed him that I liked the car, I always kept re looking over maybe a chip or something tiny without saying anything and got my friend to sift through the paper work and took a long time umming and arring, so he said make me an offer and I said its no way near what you are asking for it which is a shame because I travelled all the way from Bournemouth but luckily I have another one to see and - then show him the picture - and he said ok how much were you going to offer me and I said 1000 less than what the asking price was and he said basically go home, so I said ok. Got my stuff together and as we were walking away he said ok you little bastar* I do the deal. It just goes to show you what can be done and that doesnt mean that when I sell my car anyone can offer me silly money!! Joke, I wouldnt sell it anyway, well definitely not yet.

Hope that help, just remember you never have to buy anything accept condoms - you have the cash and he is trying to sell his car. Money talks!!

If he says forget it, there are loads of others and you can always go back to him and reconsider the deal.

Never rush buy, especially with a car.

Sorry again if I have rambled on again, I just want you to get the best deal mate.

Cheers Rams. I agree, if i go in with an offer close to the asking price, he's just going to split the difference. Flip side is that i don't want to miss out on the car i'm looking for for a few hundred quid!

To add more confusion, the valuation sites on the web seems to differ drastically:

For a 95/N storm @ 62,000:

Parkers: 5400

whatcar: 7700

carsource: 4700

i'm not desperate to get one immedialtely (well, it would be ice to be driving one) so i'm prepared to hang on till the right one comes along, at the right price.

i was following the thread for the vr6 in the cars for sale section. no interest shown for 7k. but io guess it's all about right place\right time!

Mate, I would check the glasses guide, I would do it for you but my book is in my brief case at home unfortunately, however you can check the value on line with glasses guide.co.uk.

If your looking at any cars on the forum they are bound to be highish prices as most of them are modded or valued higher as they are corrado fanaticsand have had lots of money thrownat them and love. Even if their car wasnt that great they dont feel embarresed to ask for a higher price, unless it was stupidy expensive. Catch my drift?

If you can get one from a lady driver or something like that who just wants a new car etc then thats when you can play the car game.

Have a good search on the internet on the Auto Trader website and remember if you find a vr6 with slightly higher miles without leather and toys you can always add them. For example, you could spend a grand with B Tim who are excellent at leather re trims and you can even make it custom to your preference. Also there are people from this forum and other places like the Corrado website of Great Britian that are advertising a full set of leather Recaro seats and all the connections for heating or electically adjustable for the 7 to 800 hundred pounds mark so you could always take that into consideration.

I think you can find a very tidy VR6 with full service history and not many owners for around £5000 weather its up for 6 gees you could still haggle people down. If your looking at spending 7 to 7500 gees you could buy a set of rims and suspension and be hlaf way there making it look like a lush Corrado. Standard VR6 are so high and they spoil the look IMO. So for 7 gees you've got a tidy, low nice looking C for 7 grand. Infact I will have a look for you now and if I find anything I will let you know. AWhat area are you in as I can contact my trader friends to see if there are any c's.

Food for thought!

As a rough idea for price, I paid £5000 for my 94 VR6 with 73K and full VAG history. I negotiated a £500 discount too (car was up for £6K) as the sunroof was dead and I traded in a really naff old car against it, which I paid £100 for!

Those prices above seem a little steep to me.

Kev

Update:

The first one (1996 VR6, £8495) disappeared off the auto trader site after a few days.

I had arranged to look at the second one (1995 storm, £7200) at lunchtime. Just got a call saying that someone had phoned up & offered the full asking price, without even seeing the car & wanted to pay a deposit by credit card. i wasn't prepared to offer the full amount, so had to let it go :-(

The search goes on.

Rams, i understand what your saying about spending 5k & adding extras yourself. However, i guess i'm a bit of a traditionalist & want an original car. I wouldn't mind doing some tinkering under the bonnet to improve the performance, but would like the interior, etc to be as vw meant it.

I'm in the berkshire area, if you hear of anything.