Sign in to follow this  
corradophil

What is your 16v spec & how much power does it produce?

Since having mine tuned ive fitted a v-sam,5omm manifold,webber firebreather and larger diameter exhaust so i would hope ive gained a bit more since the tune!

Stealth RAISE The system pressure on the injection by adding shims to the meterhead,advance the timing to approx 7 or 8 degress,set co level to 2% then the secret is in the wur.Basically theres a tamper proof cap on the back of the wur that can be drilled out to reveal an adjusting screw.The screw can be used to LOWER the control pressure which richins the mixture across the whole rev range.This prevents pinking and gives the optimum performance from your engine.

Phil,mines a 1.8,yours is 2l!

Wonder if i printed out what you say in your post Flusted (minus the first line) could i get a competant mechanic who knows all about VW engines to do that.

Not that im going to, but i just wonder....(very intrigued)

:agrue: I want a 2l! mines only puttin out 138lbsft.

belfastfumanchu,theres a bit more to it than that.System pressure needs to be set first at about 5bar,then control pressure needs setting to 48psi when warm.This is measured on the return pipe from wur to meterhead.

Gettin car set to 2% co is easy and advancing the timing is easy aswell.

I have a standard 2.0l apart from kr cam, it has 158bhp which is not that high but it has 157 lbsft torque, not bad ey?, considering 160k miles!

when i had my corrado .... *crys*

she was shite quick for a 16v... i beat a BMW 330 *dats what i saw on the boot*

ohh well the cupra feels soooooooo much slower... ohh well

chris CORRADO

Oh yes, the video clip of the speedo, I remember that. I did a similar video of mine, but its too big to put on here. Wasn't as quick as yours, mine did 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds.

KR inlet cam - The best modification so far, £20 second hand & I fitted it myself.

What benifits would this give and how much do they go for new?

2L 16v, De-cat, full stainless system, K&N panal filter cold air feed. Never had it rolling roaded though so dont know the power.

Duffer, the main thing I noticed was an increase in mid to high rev power, plus it will rev higher than with the original 9A inlet cam. The exhaust cams are identical on KR & 9A engines.

I wouldn't go for brand new, I'm not sure how much they are but would expect them to be quite costly. Mine came from an engine with around 120K miles and was in perfect condition.

KR inlet cam - The best modification so far, £20 second hand & I fitted it myself.

how easy is it to fit a kr inlet cam and how is it done? cheers

You need to remove the inlet manifold, cam cover, timing belt, (fit a new one) undo the bearing caps for both cams lift out the cams and swap in the new inlet cam.

Re-fit everything paying attention to torque settings, especially the cam bearing cap nuts.

Check the cam, crank ign timing and Bob's your uncle.

I would budget 1/2 a day to do it comfortably.

Get a Haynes for a MK2 Golf. All you need is in there. The old green covered one.

Gavin

Daves16v.... Yes it does have CAT and a standard exhaust also(cheap version). I was told by ex vw m-sport mech that 16v engines only run in properly at 100k!, provided regular servicing