Sign in to follow this  
billinjah

man was i lucky!

driving spiritedly home from work today peeled of a main rd into a slip road as i always do only this time there a police omega right in my path attending a stricken rover not good as i was doing 80 manged to scrub off enough to get below the speed limit and narrowly missed the police car and rover thinking id got away with it but no the plod got me to pull over and read me the riot act about what if there were kids playing on the main rd wanted to say well they would have been squashed a long time before i got here! but said no your right orificer i was a very silly boy he had a bit of a grin on his face after the riot act as i really did stih myself and he knew it! he checked the car took the reg details etc didn't notice the german plates phew! said be careful and let me on my way. but what an escape i really though was going to hit the plods car at 60 that would have hurt bad scary thing is ive gone down there much much faster wont be doing that again!

wow, thats a long sentence! Hey, I managed to breeze an English A level but I'm not too good myself. I haven't even been stopped in my C yet but in my old 205 it was like every month. Had a copper on foot chase me when I was on a push bike once which was hysterical! lol.

punctuation is for mortals live life in the fast lane guys ive just passed my psychology degree without a pause anywhere!!! i like you guys to choose when to take a breath! german plates are illegal apparently non reflective or something?

They're still reflective but the font is not the right one for the UK... I'd have thought that it'd only be PC Promotion that'd bother to pick you up for 'em though :wink:

Think it just depends on whether the police officer is having a bad day or not. Valver told me about a visit to Stealth Racing about a year or so ago when he had his german plates fitted to his MK2 and had to drive past a whole fleet of police cars parked up at the side of the road - he went past them twice and whilst they had a good look, none of them went after him for it..

So luck of the draw I guess!

a few guys on the forum have had real problems getting pulled

They should get out more and spend less time here then!! lol

They should get out more and spend less time here then!! lol

:D didnt see that coming! oo er ill stop shall i

when i had my corrado back in the day i drove around for like 5 months with NO front number plate must have drove past 100 cop cars too... lol i put it back on when i was selling the car tho...

ohh well *sniff* still miss her!! mind u the cupra suprised me today!

pah, not meaning to boast but I have overtaken a copper on the motorway in a CTR doing 90+! lol, it most certainly is luck of the draw and if your car is 100% standard you should be ok. I have spoken to coppers before and they also say if you are not driving erratically and have both hands clearly on the steering wheel etc you are much less likely to get stopped.