Sign in to follow this  
Dub Style

2.7 bi Turbo engine conversion

Has this conversion been done yet in a corrado, with the permanent 4wd system i think it could be an awsome conversion if possible.your views guys?

Yeah we have discussed this and deemed it a BIG job. The V6 bi-T is a proper 90 degree (IIRC) V6 and won't fit in the Corrado without some major rethinking of the bay and chassis rails.

Apparently tsr will fo it for £11160.00 keeping it fwd. Would be interesting to see how they manage it.

Apparently tsr will fo it for £11160.00 keeping it fwd. Would be interesting to see how they manage it.

How much???

I'd rather have the 2001 S4 currently on Autotrader with 45K on the clock for £11,100 personally!

Or an older 1998 model can be had for £7,500 with 130 ish on the clock.

Anyone driven an S4? Just wondering what they're like....

I have driven an S4 - my mate used to have one.

They are incredibly comfy and well put together as you would expect. The power is effortless with no lag and it can obviously be planted down with no wheelspin. I felt that although it handled well, as standard I was very aware of its weight and size on corners which didnt inspire as much confidence as either the corrado or mr2 - but it was still decent.

I guess the main thing that impresses is the amount of torque - it felt like it would still accelerate at the same rate going up a cliff and the keep on pulling. They are very refined though and not a sporty car as such but I would definitely have one had the M3 not been invented.

Cheers Munkay....good info.

I've got some 17" RH ZW1s for an Audi already, so may aswell choose the S4 as the Audi I buy to fit to the wheels, LOL!

I want something of that calibre next year and I've always liked the A4.

Not too fussed about weight and comfiness etc, I've got the Corrado for that raw and rough round the edges sporting feel!

biggerbigben, what sort of budget do you think it can be done in?

If you did the work yourself, well under 5k including the engine imo... But thats for a standard setup. More bhp = more £££

Just got some info from TSR on this conversion it dont seem like no diy job.

Hi, we don't have any pics avalible at the moment although we are in the middle of doing a conversion into a mk3 Golf. You will have to get the motor fitted here as it requires major chassis mods and we also have to lengthen the front of the car.

A ball park figure of doing this is going to be around 12-14 k.

It would be a better idea to place the engine in the back making it 'mid' engined. This will make it better handling and give you better tracktion as it would be rear wheel drive. Obviously the draw back is you lose the cabin space in the car but, if you can put up with it, it would be a better idea.

Cheers, Ross.