Sign in to follow this  
FaTT mk1

THE MOST POWERFUL 8V G60 IN THE UK !!! ?

The car was mapped today at Stealth Racing by Geoff Everet and it made 274bhp @ 7200rpm.

Bore = 82.5mm

Stroke = 92.8

9ish to 1 comp :wink:

10 psi of boost

No nos,not a cross flow and its on VW G60 management.

Geoff said that its the most powerful G60 that he has ever mapped 8v and with another 1 thousand rpm and a bit more boost it would make OVER 300bhp :shock: .

If u would like to know more about this car then it will be at the R/R day at stealth on the 10th of next month.

The car is not mine,im posting this for a mate.

Holy cow.

Though i'm willing to bet Henny's would have come close if he'd ever had a chance to roller it in its optimal setup before it grenaded itself..

Hope to be at least spectatoring at the RR day so would like to see this motor! :D

Holy cow.

Though i'm willing to bet Henny's would have come close if he'd ever had a chance to roller it in its optimal setup before it grenaded itself..

Hope to be at least spectatoring at the RR day so would like to see this motor! :D

if this is a certian mk1 i think it is .... there is plenty more to come..

i think any counterflow g60 would have trouble of getting this kind of power.. its also a "special" std ish head on this car if i remember correctly.

very impressive figures guys keep up the good work. :wink:

Ooooh, it can spin to high a RPM... :roll:

A top BHP figure of 274bhp @ 7200rpm equates to only 200Lb/Ft torque which ain't a lot... add another 1000rpm on it to hit 300bhp and you've got 192Lb/Ft...

BHP is nothing if there's no low down torque to go with it...

I know this sounds cynical, but that's 'cos I am... I'm fed up with people coming out with high BHP figures at high RPMs and no graphs to show the torque... and yes, I'm well aware who Geoff is and how respected he is and that Stealth's rolling road is one of the more accurate ones around ('cos Vince doesn't mess with the settings! 8) )

Show me some torque figures and graphs and then I'll think about being impressed and retracting some of the above... :?

[/rant]

Oh, and Jim? My engine never grenaded itself... I wrote the car off, the engine's in perfect health and may even get installed into the grey G60 this weekend... ;) 8)

Oh, and Jim? My engine never grenaded itself... I wrote the car off, the engine's in perfect health and may even get installed into the grey G60 this weekend... ;) 8)

Yeah.. I meant it broken a bit, and in the time between fixing it and then having your accident you never actually got a chance re-roller it. I just didnt explain myself properly. Sorry bout that :D

Henny i know what you mean about the torque aspect, but i do give respect to this certain MK1 and am impressed with the power, good to know that the 20vT got some good competition coming thier way :D

yeah, sorry, just in a grumpy mood today and am fed up with people's HUGE BHP figures with no torque figures to complete the figures... especially when the BHP figure is at an almost unusable RPM range

Torque isnt the be all, end all. Look at Honda vtec engines. They spin to high heavens and will trounce most modded 8v, 12v's.

OK then guys, here's the graphs/plots from Stealth:

Figures:

90237118.jpg

Power:

90237102.jpg

Torque:

90237137.jpg

...so 231 lb/ft at 4445rpm, looks very usable power to me!! :wink:

Would quite like to see the spec list for the engine in this G60 posted up please if possible ?

Cheers,

BigEastSideTartanTimmeh

No specs at the min apart from whats on the first page, theres a bit on dubforce but its more or less whats on here.