Sign in to follow this  
LowG

My new Intercooler!!

here is a few pics of my new intercooler,took lots of thinkin :shock: and cursin but at the end its done,i like the looks and keeps cool even when car is standing still and working unlike the old ic which used to get hot and heatsoaked,havent really tested its limits as im still finishing the rest of the engine but it pulls good especially on high speeds you can feel it better. Still got to get that front bumper sprayed though but so far aint going bad. Any thoughts or opinions welcome.

miguel

g60

Ooooh, looks nice...

Where d'ya get it from, and how much was it? Something I'm thinking of doing to my G60 at the moment to start the ball rolling on the 2litre conversion I'd like to do... :D

got it from porscheapart and it cost me about £150,dunno how easy it will be to do it with the stock bumper though as its quite tall and wide,even with my bumper i had to do few cutings but its an ideal position as it gets as much air as possible bing in that location and that rs4 bumper its just made for it :lol:

is that pipe fully in place in the first pic as there seems to be some of the rim sticking out might blow off if not on square ?? is that a polished rallye outlet on there then ?

darren these are the other 2 pics i have at the moment,that is a rallye or rsr outlet which i got from sls tuning,i ported the fins and polished it myself,it has a 45 degree angle so made things easier,also its diameter is big enough so even on and ported charger it will fit nice.The other blue hose is a 76-68mm reducer 90 degree bend (you told me 130 degree but the guy didnt have it and told me to wait 4 weeks lol). Was really hard to get the pipe hrough the front lower cross bar and the upper bar. I manage to clear the radiator by moving it to the last hole but on the left side of the rad mound there is no mount so you have to drill. On the other side of the ic i used a 130 degree 68mm samco hose so i bend the air up and conected it to a steel straight tube than from there to the pastic boost stock pipe as i could be bothered to make a steel one cuz the co pot was on the way. its hard to get pics now as i have the bumper on but when i take it off to paint i take some more. Ps my powersterring still aint working man,i have turned full locks many times but damn thing aint working but my arms feel stronger :lol: .