Sign in to follow this  
Rams

whats louder than a Miltec or Magnex ehaust for a VR6?

I am looking to purchase a new system for my VR nad I have heard a magnex and spoken to Andi ref his Miltec exhaust which he said he was very pleased with. I want a exhaust that will sound very deep, just not ear hurting, but definitely louder than the magnex system. Does anyone know what exhaust I should be looking to purchase? I have always wanted a super sprint exhaust so if anyone has one on their VR the please drop me a line.

Aiiii - Cheers - I could murder a cold beer, the weather today feels really sticky but not sunny!!

Rams,

i can get you a good deal on a Supersprint system.

let me know tail pipe your after and i will look it up.

Cool, I probably will stick with an oval tail pipe, I want a straight through pipe for the cat not a sports cat. If you could get me a price that would be very good of you.

Super sprint do make good systems, so hopefully it will be a bit louder than the others!

Do you know when you can let me know? Its just that I have to save some wedge as my head is being done on Monday!

Thanks again!

sorry to hijack your thread Rams, but im after suggestions for same question but on a G60

any advice greatly appreciated

once again Rams, sorry to hijack your thread dude! 8)

I take it your not selling your motor now then rams?

My magnex just wasnt loud enough for you heh... lol

Still up for going to collect your motor next week?

Dont be silly, I imagine the two go hand in hand, the G60 is louder than the VR anyway!

I know oval pipes are very common so may decide to go for twin oval or twin square with the edge rounded off as the c is fairly boxed shaped.

Hope you get the result you need Dboy, :)

Rams,

Will find out for you tommrow, what kind of head work are you getting done then mate?

I know someone that has a Janspeed system on their 16V - very loud (a bit too loud IMO but then I'm an old fart :roll: ).

Cheers

Mark

Dboy,

I have just finished developement of a large bore performance stainless steel system specifically made for the Corrado G60, although could also fit the 16V. This development was done in conjunction with Miltek, for whose product we are reccomended suppliers. The system has a much larger bore than the regular Miltek option and can be complimented with a re-developed high flow stainless steel down pipe which fits directly to the cast manifold. I would add at this point that i port out the cast manifold to maximise the flow. This system leaves you in no doubt that the engine is running, and is a significant component if your G60 is pushing 225 plus BHP. The system was originally designed to work with the increased amount of exhaust gasses created by my 16VG60. The system costs £550, and the downpipe is £250. I charge £85 to port out a cast manifold. No panel mods are required to fit this system and the single oval fits the oe bumper cut out. As this exhaust was cutom built for the car it also fits superbly well and will not create any knocks or undesirable rattles.

I want a straight through pipe for the cat not a sports cat.

A cat bypass?

I thought the general consensus was that was a bad thing on the VR, unless you're running some serious engine mods...

:?: :?: :?:

Anyone considered titanium exhausts? They're not as expensive as you might think and they weigh considerably less than mild or stainless steel systems. Not sure about the noise they make or tuning affect they have on the engine but they starting to become popular among the rice boys, so they must be pretty good.

SuperSprint I can vouch for....very well made indeed. They're not loud (which I like) but do give off a really beefy (not boxy nova sound) tone from idle up to about 2000rpm.

Kev

Dunno whether the c is the same but alot of cars produce alot of sound deadening in the cat. Can someone back me up or am i just speaking rubbish again?

My mate had a certain coupe lets call it coupe 'x' for now and the exhaust had a dirty great hole in it just before the gases entered the backbox. There was no noise at all. Anyway he got a full stainless system and it was still quiet.

For noise alone maybe a cat bypass maybe the way to go if its not for performance gains.

I know someone that has a Janspeed system on their 16V - very loud (a bit too loud IMO but then I'm an old fart :roll: ).

Cheers

Mark

Had one on my 16v, it sounded great I thought but the fit was the worst ive ever seen and the tailpipe itself was very thin steel that discoloured quickly.

Havent janspeed gone bust now?

Had one on my 16v, it sounded great I thought but the fit was the worst ive ever seen and the tailpipe itself was very thin steel that discoloured quickly.

Havent janspeed gone bust now?

I had a janspeed on a fiesta 1.3 :oops: :oops: :oops: (OK, OK it was a long time ago and I was a student) and the fit and quality were abysmal. If they have gone bust I can understand why :shock:

For me the sound an exhaust makes is of secondary interest as firstly and most importantly it must work in ballance with your engines needs. Sure cosmetic issues are important to any enthusiast, ie tailpipe design and sound but these can be addressed on any system once the engines needs have been satisfied. The sound of a system is largely dictated by bore size and the number and presence of absorbtion / silecer boxes. The cat is effectively a hybrid of these two types of box in repect to it's influence on the path of gasses. All VW's use a very high quality cat core which offers minimal resistance to flow, and inherantly some quietning to sound. The ultimate system for your C is one that has been made to suit your needs. Be prepared to pay more for this product, but like all things in this life you get what you pay for. I have experienced the products created by Janspeed, Jetex, Supersrint, Sebring, Scorpion, Mongoose and Magnex. I use and sell Miltek!!! Draw your own conclusion.

16VG60 - sounds like good advice. also sounds like PD Motorsport can sort all the work I will be requiring on my C - I will be in touch!!! 8)

thanks for advice

dav, Im just getting a new head gasket at the moment, I need to get that sorted then when I have saved up enough money I will go to town on it so I just want the car to function properly and for everything to be perfect before I start doing major mods. John at PD Motor sport is tackiling the job for me as AI was very comfortable with what he said and he explained it to me in english so even though its 180 miles round trip its worth it, plus the roads are great - all dual carrage ways so travelling back at night you can really test your bottle around the nice bends!!

Rams,

Tired to call my mate, but he is actually in Italy at the moment at the SuperSprint factory, he will be back on Monday so I will have to sort it for you then.

Sorry bout that.

Is the original VW VR6 system stainless? The tailpipe certainly is, just wondering about the rest of it?

Second question, is the Miltek one as quiet as the factory exhaust? I hate noisy exhausts and I want something as refined as the stock one. Any recommendations?

Cheers

Kev

Is the original VW VR6 system stainless? The tailpipe certainly is, just wondering about the rest of it?

Second question, is the Miltek one as quiet as the factory exhaust? I hate noisy exhausts and I want something as refined as the stock one. Any recommendations?

Cheers

Kev

pretty sure the original VW exhaust is plain steel....though admittedly very good quality steel.....mine lasted from dec 1995 to sept 2002 and reckon i still would have had another 12months out of it....took the fitter about 30mins to saw thru it :shock: ....only upgraded to my Milltek for cosmetic reasons and of course the deeper burble :wink:.....the milltek is a bit noisier than the O/E one but its a nice not-too deep burble and is very refined inside the cabin and at M-way speeds

THanks Roddy always nice to hear owners views of a product i believe to be top quality.

Kev, the original oe system utilises a number of metals. The front section pipe work is a grade of stainless, the boxes are high grade steel with an aluminised outer case, the clamps are made of stainless etc. The Milltek system i can supply for your C VR6 would as Roddy says give a deeper note than the original but certainly not obtrusive. Moreover the quality is easily equal to the high oe standards and the fit is superb.

John

You can supply the Miltek can you? Where are you based? Prices etc? My cat heatshield is rattling when cold. Do you know how to get round that one?

I'm going to Stealth on August 15th so they could fit that whilst I'm there. Do you have any tailpipes the same as stock? I don't like monster pipes.

Cheers

Kev