Sign in to follow this  
Rams

whats louder than a Miltec or Magnex ehaust for a VR6?

You might want to speak to Stealth to see what exhausts they did.. when I was trying to arrange a new backbox for mine (when the OE one fell apart) I enquired about Magnex systems ("Sorry, but we don't sell Magnex...") and they seemed to really want to sell me either Supersprint or a Jetex.

Now its not a bash at Stealth cause I know they are a great bunch up there, but I don't know if their exhaust selection is a little limited?

For reference, the Milltek pipe is a nice shiny oval shape almost like the OE one, but a smidgen larger :)

Stealth tend to stick to what they know, which is not to say they don't like alternatives. I've known Vince for years and he won't sell me anything that he thinks I won't like or won't make a difference. I value his honesty. Don't forget they are also a business and if suppliers f#ck them about, they won't sell their products, simple as that.

Maybe if I take a Miltek up to him, he might add them to his list!!

Kev

Roddy, that's the very exhaust I'm looking for to replace my pea-shooter! Where can I get a hold of one and how much will it cost? Oh, and most importantly, will I get one to fit my G60? :lol:

Roddy, that's the very exhaust I'm looking for to replace my pea-shooter! Where can I get a hold of one and how much will it cost? Oh, and most importantly, will I get one to fit my G60? :lol:

hehehe.........well of course its a lot bigger than that wee pea-shooter that you have..... :lol: LOL

anyway i bought mine from star-performance in glenrothes and had it fitted by them too(they're scottish agents for Milltek btw)after recieving lots of recomendations from knowledgable people

and yes its should fit the g-60 too........skid has the same system that i have......though it might be an idea to quote your chassis number to star before ordering as there is a wee difference in the mounting brackets

Cheers matey :lol: Will get on the phone to them and get a price for it. I'm sick of people ridiculing the straw I have for an exhaust. It also means I can ditch that ridiculous looking under bumper spoile too. Standard-ish looking car coming right up!

Kev, yes i am an official supplier of Milltek systems and associated products. The Cat back system is £300 plus P&P And Cat by pass pipes or sport cats are available to compliment this. I can also exclusively supply you with the newly developed large bore high flow system and high flow stainless dowwn pipe setup to match. The systems are made to suit both early hook hangers and the later bar type. Tailpipes as the guys have shown, thanks, are all single oval to mimic oe and fit snuggly into the oe bumper cut out.

The systems are made to suit both early hook hangers and the later bar type..

thats what i was meaning to say when i said brackets.....but the mind went blank :lol: LOL

John, what is the bore diameter of the 'large bore' system? 2.5"? I think a Supersprint equal length 6-1 manifold in conjunction with a Schrick manifold (also equal length runners) would give excellent results with your big-bore exhaust?

Your thoughts?

Kev

Kev, the bore size of this new stystem is 2 3/4" just a tad under your estimate. The reason for using this diameter tubing was to maximise flow but not to the detriment of fit clearances, particularly over the rear torsion beam.

My thoughts on your proposed encorporation of my exhaust into your package is that it certainly sounds a credible blend, and should be a balanced combination offering significant improvements over the standard set up. I would be very keen to see the before and after results especially if backed up with rolling road data.