Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

HELP - Number plates nicked and alarm had been triggered!!!!

Evening all,

On Thursday morning i discovered both my number plates had been nicked from my C. The alarm had also been triggered. The alarm diagnostic stated that the car had been attempted to be started!!!!!!!!!!!

What a bunch of BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Leave my f###### C alone!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had to spend £30 quid at halfords for new number plates.

What is more worrying is there are no tell tale marks on the bastards entering the car apart from a light smear mark on the rubber at the top left hand corner of the drivers window. I recently applied some rubber restorer which left the mark.

I have a good cat1 alarm installed - what else can i do? They may come back! Why take the number plates?

I am a sitting duck!

Advice please fellow C onwers!!

I'd report the theft of the plates to the police, theywill almost certainly be used ilegally, get yourself put in the clear asap

I'd report the theft of the plates to the police, theywill almost certainly be used ilegally, get yourself put in the clear asap
do exactly as the man says,this happend to my dad years ago and he didnt report it he just replaced the plates,turns out 4months after my dad had sold the car that the theif's had put them on a simular car and used it in a bank job and how did we find this out ,because the police came knocking at our door,lucky for my dad that he had sold the car befor the bank job and he was out of the country when it happend.

do exactly as the man says,this happend to my dad years ago and he didnt report it he just replaced the plates,turns out 4months after my dad had sold the car that the theif's had put them on a simular car and used it in a bank job and how did we find this out ,because the police came knocking at our door,lucky for my dad that he had sold the car befor the bank job and he was out of the country when it happend.

...................you didnt tell them he was ........flying out to Rio to meet Ronnie Biggs of course :D :twisted: :D

nasty..

I'd get a steering disk lock aswell.. just as a visual safe guard.

Good luck matie, hope the rado stays safe!

Bugger! Time to buy a blood thirsty guard dog i think... where abouts in Surrey are you based?

Reported the theft to the police that morining so don't worry there guys!

Which is the best of the steering wheel locks? I know that the bastards can beat them all but which one holds them up the most?

where abouts in Surrey are you based?
- Aldershot and Farnham

Cheers guys

http://www.disklok.com

Someone was boring the kecks off me in the pub once with facts and figures about how these withstood attack for 3 times longer than the next best lock, so I think they are the ones to go for.

The UK factory that makes them is only down the road from me, but Halfords were knocking them out £10 cheaper than they wanted at their sales counter. Figure that one out!

(Still 70 odd quid though)

Sorry to hear about the car.

A good call reporting it to the jondarmes as being in the south of the country I have heard that people nick number plates so they can avoid the London city centre congestion charge,Try and get a crime number from the cops as it will be handy incase the letters of non payment start appearing on the mat in the morning.

sick saddos

Don't really get why someone would steal the plates, if they are going to 'clone' it then they'd just as easily get the plates made up with your registration on...

It's not that easy now as you need to provide the car registration documents to got the plates made up....at least you SHOULD have to. Last year a mate of mine got a London congestion charge bill for his girlfriend's Nova. The car hadn't left Norfolk in the six years that she'd owned it.

You can order plates without proofs online though - so it is still easy...

Got a crime ref no so i should be covered. There's also a plod who walks his dog who noticed it so i have a decent witness.

What i think happended is they took the plates off and then tried to start the car and then put bogus plates on to avoid being picked up as a nicked car. They spent some time taking them off as they screws weren't ripped out. The holes accepted the new plate screws with no hassles.

I love my car, i spent a whole year saving up and sourcing the right one. Its almost fully loaded with electric heated recaros, onl;y 84K miles, the electronic slip diff/traction control that doesn't really do anything, but wo cares - its got it! Its even got the stupid headlight washers, but who cares - it got it

My point is the insurance money i would receive would not allow me to purchase another. Every one knows that to get a good one you need to pay over the odds.

I'd forget a steering wheel protector and look into a removable steering wheel.

As for the alarm going off, they would of pushed a small wire between the window and the rubber and lowered the wire around your lock pin in your door and lift, door unlocks easy peasy!

Seen it done on TV, easy answer is to remove the locking pins from both doors and store them in your ash tray when ever you leave your car.

Don't really get why someone would steal the plates, if they are going to 'clone' it then they'd just as easily get the plates made up with your registration on...

probably because these neanderthals just like to point at things and grunt : "me like...me take..."

The concept of earning money honestly and then purchasing want you want escapes them. I for one would love to catch one in the act and employ the use of an old rusty breadknife I have reserved for their goolies. :twisted: :twisted:

How easy is it to remove the door pins. I have not yet attempted this as i don't want to damage them. They may then just screw driver the door lock or near to i.e. peel the rubber back and get into the door cavity - ideas?

they just unscrew mate, easy peasy to do and wont do any damage.

If they really want to they can get into any car, all we can do is make it harder for them.

If they can see its alarmed, that the door pins have been removed and either the steering wheel has been protected or locked it should make them think twice about trying to get in.

Supercharged wrote: › Select ›‹ Expand

probably because these neanderthals just like to point at things and grunt : "me like...me take..."

The concept of earning money honestly and then purchasing want you want escapes them. I for one would love to catch one in the act and employ the use of an old rusty breadknife I have reserved for their goolies.

Ehh??

B**tards! Removable steering wheel isn't a bad idea, although any visual deterrant will help. I still leave my Stoplok (sp?) on even though the car's alarmed just to deter the casual thief.

Here's hoping they won't be back (or if they are, you're waiting for them...)

Tom