Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

15 hours ago, Cressa said:

With your climatronic, did it use mk4 golf parts. If it's the diavia evaporator in the heater box, mine was slightly restricted by leaves and debris that had collected inside. 

I did change mine out and cold is cold now. And I have done the heater box flaps

Screenshot_20220901-074257_Photos.jpg

Mine’s a bit of a Frankenstein, the majority of the install is from a Passat VR6 B4 but the condenser is Golf 4. The heater box hasn’t been opened since I installed it all about 14 years ago, but it’s also only done about 20K since then. I’ll plan to try sort it out over the winter although I’ve been working away five days a week for over a year now so until that ends I won’t get too much opportunity.

It’s had a Jetex filter over the inlet since I fitted it so I expect that will have kept most debris out.

17 hours ago, Dox said:

Its such a shoddy set up, my heaterbox fell into two halves when I unbolted it from the bulkhead,does anyone know the cost of it? It must have been "premium" as the car was extortionate when new...

That would be nice to know. No mention of price with my paperwork as it was done b4 VW gave it to the 1st owner.

My heater box was sealed all the way round and I had to cut through it all  yours sounds easier. 

Your motor is looking nice 👍

Parked like most of us on here. Furthest from the entrance in the corner of the car park away from everybody else 😀.

Brilliant.

15 hours ago, fla said:

Fantastic stuff Tony, who says corrados aren't practical!

Back when we first had it as an only car, we did tip runs, IKEA furniture collections, loaded the roof rack with timber…it was just a car.

Now I think twice about going out if there are clouds!

13 hours ago, James. said:

Parked like most of us on here. Furthest from the entrance in the corner of the car park away from everybody else 😀.

Brilliant.

And still you come out of the shop and find somebody in the next bay!

19 minutes ago, tonedef said:

So true!

Hasan

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

Back when we first had it as an only car, we did tip runs, IKEA furniture collections, loaded the roof rack with timber…it was just a car.

Now I think twice about going out if there are clouds!

im the same with both of mine

i used to go & collect wood cut offs for the fire in the 16v & would just pile it in the back 

1 hour ago, tonedef said:

it is so annoying isnt it!

we purposely park as far away as possible & someone always end up by you even in an empty car park 

Broke up for Christmas last Thursday so got some time on my hands. The Corrado assumed the winter prep position again today!

6FF94868-CCB7-4ED3-A3E1-38CE038B34E4.jpeg

• Like 1

Finally got round to fitting the new uprated headlamp loom.

Whilst at it, and due to the Corrado not getting driven all that much, I was getting fed up of flat batteries and sometimes to such an extent the battery was scrap. So I fitted a device that is supposedly meant to disconnect the battery if voltage drops too far. It has a remote fob to reconnect when finally needed. Only time will tell how good it turns out to be.

Also pulled the connector on the rear spoiler to stop it going up anymore until I get more time to pull the mechanism to see why one side doesn’t raise properly at the moment.

Oh, and took her for a spin for an hour to blow off the cobwebs :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Another year, another MOT (yesterday), just a shame it started raining while I was in the MOT garage after I’d washed it in the morning 🙄 Done 1,200 miles since last year, which is better than the 650 or so the year before!

Same here, mine passed yesterday too. I managed just over 500 miles since the last mot. Definitely plan to get at least 1500 this year!

On 7/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, tonedef said:

Another year, another MOT (yesterday), just a shame it started raining while I was in the MOT garage after I’d washed it in the morning 🙄 Done 1,200 miles since last year, which is better than the 650 or so the year before!

Congratulations on getting the MOT. Always nice. 👍

On 7/26/2023 at 1:57 PM, tonedef said:

Congrats on the pass. I swear that washing the car doubles as a rain dance round here. Every time 🙄.

And mileage, meh. They’re fun to be around wether moving or stationary. I did 1506 miles since the last mot…

12 years ago.

1 hour ago, James. said:

Congrats on the pass. I swear that washing the car doubles as a rain dance round here. Every time 🙄.

And mileage, meh. They’re fun to be around wether moving or stationary. I did 1506 miles since the last mot…

12 years ago.

I had a break between Jan 2008 test and Jun 2018 test, but I did manage 6,400 miles before the lay up!

I reckon we’re going out for a drive whatever the weather, at least the muck doesn’t show when it’s raining!

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

Congratulations on getting the MOT. Always nice. 👍

Thanks…13 tests in the 24 years we’ve had it, and I think the only problem we ever had was corroded brake lines one time, I’ll take that as a success!