Jim

The "what I did to my Corrado today" thread...

Fitted a fantasticly sparkly new DG Autotech sticker to each car.

Took both for a test drive after fitting, and the difference is incredible! The Corrado is really smooth and much more torquey at low revs, whereas the vRS revs much more freely without losing any grunt. Reckon both have gained at least 15 BHP.

Thoroughly recommended 8)

ooooooo where can I get one of thos :grin:

im there on the 28th, and im thinking i want one, i KNOW it will definately make mine faster 8)

oh, and today i completed the interior conversion, whilst cleaning every bit of trim and treating all the leather, its looking brand spankin :lol:

Fitted new stereo and ran cables for sub and amp. Crimped the different electric window switches so they all work now :clap:

Got my rado a new home today. Helped my brother pull his mk2 out my mums garage and up to his garage, I've now taken the old garage :clap: :clap:

Tweaked the suspension height before it goes in to the garage on Friday, to get laser aligned. Also found and fixed an oil leak coming from the cam sensor... Is this sensor supposed to have a O ring seal around it?? There wasnt one, so just put an O ring on an voila, no more leak :D

Drove it, across the Peak, quite fast, especially over the Snake Pass and appreciated the complete disappearance of high speed steering wheel vibration after getting two new front tyres - Conti Premium Contacts - fitted. Fantastic. Obviously something up with one of the old fronts which were causing steering shake even after being balanced twice. Suddenly all the suspension, bushing replacement, rear anti-roll bar etc seem worthwhile, just feels planted, responsive and howlingly quick. Happy :D

Changed the oil and filter, i know its not that exciting but needed doing. Also refitted my front image splits after new tyres were fitted, much more exciting :clap:

Hot glued gunned door card fabric where it meetins the window plastic on the inside. looks alot better!

Annoyingly, had to change my headlights back to standard :(

Fortunately, not expecting to do any night driving for the next few days until the replacement Xenon's are in stock.

Mine is faulty, blowing the bulbs and Stealth are closed Friday and Saturday, so can't get it done until next week. :(

Not done anything significant at all, but the car has suddenly started to perform differently from when i first had the vege engine fitted, it used to feel sluggish especially at low revs. The car just feels more revvy, more poised. Seems to accelerate better and has a sharper throttle. I dont understand it. The only thing ive done recently is stop the cam sensor leaking oil by putting a rubber O ring seal on it. Which involved removing the coil pack and leads. Also added a bottle of injector cleaner the end of last week.

I can only think the injector cleaner has actually had some effect on the injectors and has unclogged them. But the car never showed any symptoms of a dodgy injector. But i had always thought something wasnt quite right but nothing obvious was showing that it could have a problem.

Anyway, i've finally got the smile back on my face and have taken it for a nice long drive today. :D :D :D :D

I love Corrados! :D

Made it all shiny, for once it is cleaner than the other halfs car.

nothing that exciting but I haven't had much love for it with it's 'issues' with the power steering. Which fingers crossed (is there a smiley for that - i think there should be) Are now all resolved.

...... Goes off to stare at shiny Corrado

Oh, i forgot. Had to toyos fitted to the front and a 4 wheel alignment done. The steering feels ALOT better then before - as you can imagine driving around with th wheels out of line. Handles and goes beautifully!

well today just washed it...taken 4hrs going on a sunday drive now!!!! :lol: :lol:

did a bit of work on gasket matching the lower manifold, then carried on disassembling and cleaning the pistons, con rods and stuff - now have an entire 9a engine in cleaned bits in a box :D

fitted new shiny red ht leads, put the boot carpets back in, put the front bumper back on and spotted up the back bumper

well its been a busy weekend trying to get everything sorted heres the list done so far

new oil and filter

charger cooler fixed

aqaumist fixed and bolt fitted in the rear

p/s chair lifter fixed

bit of wiring sorted under bonnet

all new relays fited

painted top of rear lights black

new volt meter fitted

some silver screws fitted when i done the back changed to black

polished my charger pipe up

new front tyres orderd

new wheels nut orderd (longer)

to do this week for edition 38

fit super charger and and all fixings for it

fit new tires

raise the rear up fit spares back on and fit longer wheel nuts

Washed and clayed in the last couple of days. Had a go with the rotary polisher, got rid of the finer swirls but will need a more abrasive pad/polish combo to remove the light surface scratches. Ran out of time last night and it's raining now :(

went to vw and got to surrounds for front head lights today..not as dear as i tought !!!

went to VW to get prices/availability on a big list of stuff, mostly trims. Found out that most of it is too expensive or obsolete :mad2: Not that I'm at all surprised. Why is it that VW don't even acknowledge the existence of the Corrado on their website but are oh-so-happy to take £££s off us in their Parts Dept. Bloody businesses trying to make a profit!!

Annoyed to find out that the rear VW badge is obsolete as of Nov 08. Wanted a perfect new one to celebrate getting a decent rear bumper :(

well not today as the weather has been cack but on sunday i fitted my goodridge hoses to my front 312's and rears bleed the brakes have a better

peddel feel and last thursday i fitted my new eyebrow and grill colourcoded as well ,of which i painted myself and was quite happy with the result

i also fitted my new isotta steering wheel (well ebay new) :D

well not today as the weather has been cack but on sunday i fitted my goodridge hoses to my front 312's and rears bleed the brakes have a better

peddel feel and last thursday i fitted my new eyebrow and grill colourcoded as well ,of which i painted myself and was quite happy with the result

i also fitted my new isotta steering wheel (well ebay new) :D

well whort it buddy...look cool 8) 8)