Sign in to follow this  
Riley

boost return,done correctly?

hi guys.

received my kit off g-man,thanks m8 :wink:

just wondering if ive done it correctly?

i got a bit of pipe with the kit but didnt really know what to do with it :oops:

i fitted the filter to the isv,correct?

fitted the blanking plate to the charger.

and also fitted a spare filter i had on the rocker breather.

just wondering if this is ok really?

and where does the whoosh noise come from?

the t/b or the isv or both!?

one last thing,what is the isv reroute ive heard about? :oops:

also found a pipe p1ssing fuel out! so fitted new pipe with new jubilees!

see pics,cheers,neil. :D

It all looks like it’s hooked up right. I made my own kit since getting one from the guys at G-Werks just isn’t cost effective since I am in the US.

As for the wooosh noise, it’s coming from the hole on the bottom of the throttle body. It has a butterfly on it that is mechanically tied in the with the throttle body/cable/everything on the throttle body. When you are under full boost, the butterfly on the bottom of the throttle body is closed and when you let off that is the noise. Normally the return line re-circulates the unused boost that is now being let off.

As for the ISV reroute here is a link that will explain it all: http://bahnbrenner.com/media/php/catalo ... &catid=110 . Basically, it will just be replacing the filter that’s hooked up to the ISV currently that came with the kit from g-werks.

“The BBM ISV reroute kit keeps the boost from bleeding back into the boost return system by routing it back into the intake tract. Increases boost by approx. 2-3 psi and allows a charger with a power pulley to produce it's full potential. Aerospace machine beaded ends for a solid hose connection. No oil blockage or valve cracking pressure losses. Smoother idle and more reliable than the check valve alternative. All hardware and installation instructions included for a turn key kit.”

You cant go wrong with it as far as I know... =] Hope all of this helps.

reroute shouldnt hurt if you can be sure you car never pinks....

see here

I should add..... without a catch tank on your breather, your engine bay could get a little messy!

the filter on the rocker breather will get blocked straight away you should re route it to a catch tank thats what the pipes for dude! g-man has them made im getting one this week they bolt on near the expansion tank the whoosh comes from the boost return pipe off the throttle body sounds cool right?

yeah sounds sweet,i like it. 8)

cheers guys,needed a good explanation like that.

Red=Fast,im gonna read your link but am i guessing right here?

>> connect the isv to the plastic boost pipe going to> intercooler?

or connect bottom of t/b to>plastic intercooler pipe?

ill have a look anyway,winds me up not knowing things! :evil: :lol:

i thought the pipe might be to run a catch tank,i have a spare mocal from the mk1,but couldnt easily see a way of mounting it,was nearly tempted to get the tie wraps out :lol:

thanks,neil.