Sign in to follow this  
andy

**Group Buy** VR6 BMC CDA Filters **10% DISCOUNT AGAIN!**

Hi Roger. CDA is a Carbon Dynamic Airbox, basically its THE induction kit to have on a VR6. Its a clever piece of kit that fits in place of the standard airbox and contains a high performance air filter inside a carbon heatshielded box. Lots of people have them on their VR6s, if you search on this site you will soon realise how well rated they are. I believe that Stealth have seen these liberate 7bhp on a standard VR6. The main advantage of these over other induction kits is the fact that the airbox is heat shielded and has a cold air intake, so you're not sucking in underbonnet hot air. Also the sound is supposed to be awesome, not loud and trashy but classy and purposeful. Have a search on here. I'll try to get some links/pics up.

Andy

Depending on price I could be interested, take it you remove the carbon canister at the same time for the cold air feed?

Couple of things:-

1) You need a rubber coupling to join the BMC to the MAF sensor. Only Stealth Racing (AFAIK) supply this when they sell BMCs. BMC themselves leave that up to the customer to sort out :roll: I don't think you get large jubilee clips either. So to be safe, only get them from Stealth.

2) Leave the carbon canister in place. There is no room to get a feed down there as the BMC opening sits way forward of the CC hole, and Stealth have found no difference with the feed pipe on or off.

And yep, these filters are actually very good. Noticable gains in the midrange and an induction note to die for on part throttle. Whack the gas down at 4K and it gets quite noisy, but nothing like as bad as K&N 57i.

Ta

Kev

I'm always a bit sceptical about these things - a more noisy induction may lead to imagining an accompanying performance improvement. But, on the other hand, if it is backed up by dyno tests...............

My other concern is the potential for contaminating the hot wire in the MAF with oil from the filter, etc.(if indeed it is that type).

Also, I'm rather too old to be making lots of un-necessary engine noises in public.

Best wishes

RB

Thread stickied....

Roger, the BMC is as loud or quiet as you want it to be. Round town it just emits a mellow burble that isn't obtrusive or chavish. You're only likely to encounter it's noiser side on the motorway when pushing the motor.

It shouldn't contaminate the MAF if you don't over oil it when cleaning but that particular problem was only ever a concern to 57i users, because it's about 2" away from the MAF.

Yeah il register an interest aswell Andy. Pm me if you need any details etc as il prob forget to check thread.

Cheers Fraser

Thanks chaps, I have some prices now. Stealth normally sell these for £160 including the link pipe and vat. If we can get 10 people interested the price will drop to £144, obviously there will be some kind of delivery to be added. Gwent VW have quoted as well but their prices only become competetive for 20+ units.

You can get a cold air feed down actually Kev :)

I'm running it at the moment based on the bits you supplied with your old one.

It quietens it down as well - I find the noise without the cold air feed a bit OTT.

Will do, ya non-believer! :p

Did you mount the bracket to the top of the cc? I've riveted the bracket into one of the holes that was left by the cc (I think - could just be a drain hole).

It really does quieten it down a lot as well. At the moment the cold air feed pipe won't stay on permanently with just a jubilee clip, so I think I need to come up with a better way. (This is how I know it gets a lot louder without the cold air feed :)).

Have a look at the second pic.

There is a sort of elongated 'S' bend of a bracket that is attached to a collar on the carbon part of the filter and then it mounts through the body with a rivet.

As I said, the cold air feed doesn't stay on with just the jubilee clip but that's probably because I need to fit the VT engine mount to stop so much movement with the Schrick fitted. Need to figure out a better way to attach it.

ahh i see didnt realise that was securing the whole filter..for some reason i thought there was another bracket somewhere, very discreet. better than some ive seen, Have to find somebody with a rivet gun when i get mine. Where have ya mounted the cc now then? last question...honoust :lol:

Yeah the bracket sort of spring the filter upwards, without look to out of place.

Riveting it isn't the only way - could always just find a suitably sized self-tapper or bolt it and secure from underneath. Loads of ways.

At the moment the cc has been removed and the pipes are fed below the filter. When I get chance I plan to clean the whole of the underneath area and relocate the cc under the BMC.

go on then count me in, cant refuse an offer like this one. damn this forum and its group buys lol. vr6 Cheers for the answers, much appreciated.

Tom, is it a fair bit quieter when tucked down the CC hole or marginally so? Might be interested in getting another one now, LOL!

Is the vr6oc site down at the moment? managed to register but just coming up cannot find server everytime i try to log on.