Sign in to follow this  
saysomestuff

Speed bumps suck!!

I need new suspension, lower and generally better ride all round as the C looks like a tractor at the mo on 17s (I call it rally style clearance :wink: )

here's the but...

the place i work has those stupid plastic speed "thumps" all the way into the car park so a proper decking is out of the question through usability, so I'm thinking air-ride :lol: :D

Just really looking for a bit of advice to weigh up the alternatives. I can get a 1/2 second lift kit for about £1k plus fitting -

or i can go for Konigsport/whatever (price??) - How adjustable are these kits? Can i have a speed hump friendly setting for work days and then dial it right down for posing?

Any pics of ride heights on 17's would be appreciated with comments about how you get on with it!

theres a yellow C somewhere abouts with airbags (got a feeling it rears-only) not sure if the guy who owns it is on the forum but it looks pretty mad with its bum stuck up in the air! certainly a good toy, and pretty practical if you want your car low but sensible. Mines down 80mm (so I'm told) on koni's and currently wearing 15's, it catches speedbumps unless I'm very careful and multi-story carparks are just out of the question!

out of interest how much room does the air-ride kit take up? I saw some hydraulic kits a while back but they took up most of the boot!

From what i've seen it depends on the linft speed - the 1/2 second lift i looked at was the fastest kit they had and had two 5 gallon air tanks which would take up a bit of space (was thinking they would squeeze under the rear seat but i don't know what's under there yet).

I also want someones opinion on how much noise the compressor emits as well as all the above - any takers?!

hmmm the yellow rado is this one..

from what i heard on E38 forum he was selling the bags etc of it.. that was a while back..

with regards to drops on 17's you can go very low.. myns abt as low at it will go at the mo..

If you want to fit coil-over-shocker suspension and use 2 settings it will be not only epic to constantly do but expensive as you will have to keep getting your tracking done every time you change the ride height as the camber and caster angles change significantly with the adjustment.

Chris

Thanks guys.

Any ideas why he was selling them? I think his name was doublezero or something...

I suppose i'm going to have to decide whether i want a show car or a daily driver :roll:

I take it the air canister needs repressurising every so often as there's no mention of an engine driven pump on Rayvern's site?

The set up i was looking at was the fast kit from justairbagit.com - comes with engine driven compressor, but as i understand, with two grrt tanks you don't need it running all the time, i doubt they are particularly quiet.