Sign in to follow this  
Rams

IGNITION LEEDS

I am having my head done at PD and I am having it fully serviced and VW quoted me over £100 for the leeds and John would rather use VW leeds than apposed to the leeds from G and S.

Can anyone recommend a set of high performance leeds that are better than the standard VW leads?

I need to purchase them today if possible so I am keen for any responses!

Cheers

ive got magnecor on mine apart from being blue they are no better than standard,i paid £130 for a set but that was only because i snapped 1 lead and vw didnt have any in stock and i was desperate

VAG ones are inflexible and it's usually those type that cause problems. Just stick a multimeter on the leads, if each one reads 6Kohms, they're fine. I've got some used VAG ones if you want them though and they're OK.

Nology hotwires are good but they're expensive and HUGE! Best partnered with their mega coil. I would only really use them on forced induction engines anyway, where spark strength is critical, i.e you don't want a weak spark being 'blown' out by the boosted air/fuel!

Kev

Cheers guys, but IU have never been convinced on the Nology leads for some reason, I saw a couple og guys testing the leads out at Max power a couple of years ago to which I might add there were only 2 or 3 corrados!!

The magnecor leads sound good, they are around £126 for the biggest set they do.

The Nology leads you say work better with forced induction engines, why is that Kev?

I had a look at their warqanty and that seems like they will sell you the product and not have anything to do with you. The said they wouldnt warant anything, race use or noraml use you are not covered for anything and the whole point of selling their leads they say is for improved combustion and Hp so if its designed for it why not warant the product. It is BLOCK CAPITALS and its that that had put me off these leads how ever goosd they may be. If you havent read the waranty Kev, have a buchers and let me know your thoughts. This was the first time I have looked into waranty of a product in detail I suppose it was because I was skeptable about them. Excuse my spelling!

hmmm , i'll be reading the small print before any purchase now!!

good tip 8)

Yeah, have a read and it turned me off srtaight away,I would rather buy a set of good quality leads with good waranty background. 8)

She has got a great arse! I never want to read what you have said because my eyes keep drifting left!! :D