Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

HAVE I GOT A STANDARD ARSE?

is my rear standard???...im not sure because the only mates i have with corrados all have mk1s so i cant compare....ive attached a pic of a silver 16v that parked in front of mine outside my house earlier...is the difference just that i have wider wheels? or have my arches been rolled?? and ideas guys?...cheers

Later cars have very slightly wider arches than earlier, I believe, so make sure you're not comparing two different models...

The rear looks the same to me, but as dr_mat says, the later spec models had slightly chunkier front wings.

yeah i realise the mk1 radoo is different to mine...but the silver one in the pic was a k reg with a later front end...so i assumed that the rear would be a mk2 rear....and his looks different....other than mine sits slightly lower...my wheels are flush with my arches..where as his wheels sit inside his arches???...the wheels maybe?

the arch looks like it sticks out the same distance relative to the rest of the car, so it's probably just a different offset on the wheels...

for reference, both front AND rear wings were more flared on the later models... the difference is around 8 to 10mm.

but the silver one in the pic was a k reg with a later front end

But wouldn't a K reg be the later spec car anyway?

Thought they changed over H - J reg.

edit: Or was that J - K reg? :roll: :wink: