Sign in to follow this  
Flo

Range Rover drivers.... :roll:

Pretty gutted after selling my Corrado 3 weeks ago, but fairly happy with my choice of a Mk4 Golf. Safe, practical and still fairly fun. Was gonna be my family wagon anyway.

Driving along minding my own business. One way street, three lanes. A Range Rover from nowhere cuts across three lanes of traffic to make a right turn and decides to cut through my path too. No time to brake, hit him, mounted the pavement and took down a lamp post.

Gutted... again.

damn

the first incarnation of the "hedgehog has the pricks on the outside" gag i ever heard involved range rovers.

did the guy stop?

damn

the first incarnation of the "hedgehog has the pricks on the outside" gag i ever heard involved range rovers.

did the guy stop?

Yeah, but he still didnt admit liability though. I guess he's not going to out of principle, but my insurance company has already said 'It sounds pretty open and shut that it is his fault'

seems right.

there are some instances where the very nature of the crash indicates who is at fault (like if you plunder into a parked car - its your fault)

still, it'll be fixed and good as new in no time. try not to look at it . . .

Typical really. Though on the plus side, if your insurance company are saying its an open and shut at this point, the Range Rover driver doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Should ban the lot of them on the roads quite frankly, unless you prove that you are a regular offroader!!

i hate range rovers!

i really hope his car was a REAL mess and it was brand spanking new, then we the insurance is put into your favour he has to pay all your damages and all of his (VERY) expensive ones. ahahhhha

i hate range rovers!

i really hope his car was a REAL mess and it was brand spanking new, then we the insurance is put into your favour he has to pay all your damages and all of his (VERY) expensive ones. ahahhhha

That would have been wonderful, however, he got away with a scuff on his bumper where he hit me initially. The damage was done to my car when I mowed over the lamp post.

VW are assessing the car as we speak. I'll be honest, I dont think I want the car back, now that its been in a major shunt.

Without trying to dillute the situation, which is always unpleasant, I'm glad it happened to the MK4 and not your Corrado. At least the MK4 is plentiful and easily replacable with the same spec.

Without trying to dillute the situation, which is always unpleasant, I'm glad it happened to the MK4 and not your Corrado. At least the MK4 is plentiful and easily replacable with the same spec.

Absolutely, and I'm glad I was in the Mk4 as I'm not sure I would have got out of the car unscathed if I was in the Corrado. I hardly scrubbed off any speed and hit the post very hard. The N/S Suspension was pushed back quite far.

Hey if you need character references to show that Range rover drivers are often pricks I'll volunteer. Had an old range rover on my arse a month ago doing a fair rate of knots. I had to brake quite hard cause of traffic up ahead, the range rover just about stopped without hitting me. I should have got out and given the guy (I didn’t see that it was a bloke, but aggressive driving like that is often men) a very large piece of my mind.

range rover drivers! probably only bought such a large car as he is insecure. I am very anti 4x4s at the moment, there just seems to be too many posers these days, not that they even look good, they don't go good and there not economical, so can't really see the attraction...