Parts "What year is that?"

Me "92 J."

Parts "Ok thats the 2.9 then."

Me "no the 1.8......."

Parts buts in "oh 16v"

Me "No! the supercharged one"

Parts "yes"

Im now wondering if i should go elsewhere in case i get the wrong one :mad:

maybe it's his first day and he just needs edukashun, edukashun, edukashun :)

nah , not all of them , i just rang my local stealers and the guy knew exactly what i was on about and was keen to know about the car, very knowledgable about the generic faults on the c...........which basically covers the whole of the bentley manual :-)

Nah, my yokel stealers' parts dept guys are really good and know their stuff. Might be worth having a search on here to find a part number for the oil filter then you can give them that. If they screw up and order the wrong part then you know it's not your fault.

LOL.. I ordered a fanbelt, brother went & collected it.. came home with a powersteering belt for a MK5 polo LOL

went back in there myself & laughed & the guy.. they then told me they dont stock a fanbelt for a 1.8 16v?? facked them off & went to gayfords & bought one LOL

Yeah but as i have to go all the way to bolton to pick my girlfriend up thought be easier to go there, and will be round yours about 6.30-7 to pick up that suspension, all i need now is my bloody charger back lol

Parts guys at Central Volkswagen (named Western Grangemouth until this week) have been good for me.

Corrado Club discount given, too.

Mine are usless on the phone too for some reason. But if I go in person to the trade entrance there really helpful. They have even given me some small parts for nothing. (door pins, fuel line clips, door membrane plastic, etc)

Just quote them this number H 037 115 561 the only thing that makes it unique is that it has a nut cast into the casing to make it easier to get off, when it comes round to replacing it.