Sign in to follow this  
woody

Back Offside wheel jammed

Help

Brakes did not seem as good on friday on the way home from work. Got home and felt the back and front wheels and the near side back was warm. Jacked it up and fround that wheel would only turn if i forced it with my hands. took wheel off and got girlfriend to pull hanbrake on which i could see the cable moving but not the pad. No noticable movement of the pad when pressing the footbrake either. Checking the disk i have not scoured it yet but can cannot be moved till i sort this out. Please help soon as without my C it means i have to borrow my mums bogie green polo! ( hope anybody who knows me see me driving it!

Thanks

The old seized rear caliper syndrome i suspect :D

(if i had pound for every one ive replaced, i would have 2 corrado's :lol: )

Should change both sides or just one? are thay used on other vw. Mines J reg G60

I think mk4 Golf calipers are the way to go, straight fit (i have heard) and there made out of a light-alloy and less prone to seizure, think mk3 will do also but mk4 better...

I've heard that MK3 are a straight fit, Mk 4 require special hoses (ends are different).

not 100% sure about this tho... (just so's you don't go out and buy a set of Mk4 and risk a lot of hassle fiting them)

can someone confirm this? i had a rear caliper replaced when i first got the car.. so the e-brake would work, to pass safety..

but the fuggin shop fit a used caliper that has a busted e-brake as well! :x

i can get some mk3 or mk4 for cheaper than corrado rears.. which is better/easier to fit? mk3 or mk4?

Lucky i did this pad was just about gone. Managed to release caliper with tool from MDC. Replaced pads and refitted. Checking the wheel for heat everytime i stop to see whether it is binding again. I would not mind a answer to the Mk3 or Mk4 caliper question please anyone! As i dont trust that it will not happen again soon. At least i did not have to borrow my mums bogey green polo.