Sign in to follow this  
G-Lader

E.Racaros - where to take feed from? Cig lighter?

No I did not buy the ones from Inters - these r for my Golf, bought 4£225 :D

As in the title the seats have the loom which has a fuse built in.

Should I take feed from an easy to get to place such as the fag lighter? Do the seats draw too much for the wire's to the lighter :?:

Or is it safer to

Extend the wiring to the battery and wire up with an additional fuse near as poss to the battery whilst still retaining the loom fuse :?:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm gonna whip the interior out of mine soon, so if you can wait a day or two I can tell you exactly where the factory loom goes in a C.

Factory loom takes a feed from the big red wire looped on the end of the fuse box, it comes with a spliter that goes in and then you plug the loop back in, the earth goes to one of the earthing blocks in beside the fuse box

Cig lighter will not be good enough as the seat draw too much power for wiring like that!

When I wired in my porsche seats I put a suitably sized feed direct from the battery that was fused near the battery!

i'd prefer to put it direct to the fuse box?other wise it means me extendin the loom,i know thats not a problem,but i prefer one piece of wire we no connections for some reason :scratch:

I would either make / buy the correct loom for this job. They then become a plug-Play item into the fuse panel.