Sign in to follow this  
Neil VR6

Run out of camber adjustment

I have just had some FK Highsport coilovers fitted and the garage that fitted them said that the fronts have run out of camber adjustment. It's not down that low (in fact it's the highest setting for the fronts!) so if I lower it any more I won't be able to adjust the camber accordingly. Is there any way around this or do people just accept that they're going to wear out the insides of their tyres if they go low?

you can get special bolts from VW to allow extra camber. Afriad I dont know the part numbers. The bolts replace the top bolt on the strut to hub joint. The bolts are slightly smaller in diameter and a allow a few more degrees of adjustment.

Sorry mate! Hope you haven't ordered them yet?

But yeah, the MK1 GTI's bottom strut bolt is the cam type....they must be a quid or so from the dealer? I'm pretty sure it's the same diameter (17mm head) as the MK2/3 platform?

I have, see my post above :(

Oh well, at least I can have H&R in my signature list of mods! Also, I can take comfort in the fact that I have further "modified" my car by buying non-standard parts to make it better. That's how it'll work in my brain.

Incidentally, was it your car outside the Audioscape stand at Inters?

Sorry bud! Oh well, as you say, they will defo work on your car whereas the MK1 bolts are an uncertainty at this stage....

Yep, that was my car outside Audioscape. I've never really paid any attention to the stone chips before as my car is used every day, but jesus, some of the paint finishes on the cars there really showed mine up, they must never exceed 70mph to keep them that clean?

And what's the fun in that!?

I came over a few times to introduce myself but you were busy with punters.

hi guys does the MK1 bolts fit on a corrado i need to sort my camber out

or do u tink vw have made spec ones for the c

thxs

How are you finding the Highsports - I'm looking forward to seeing how my new one on Weitec coilies and polybushes compares to my Konigsports and OE bushes

hi guys does the MK1 bolts fit on a corrado i need to sort my camber out

or do u tink vw have made spec ones for the c

thxs

Not sure, but when fitting my new ball joints and bushes earlier this week it looked to me as if you can adjust the camber further by sliding the ball joint in or out in the wishbone, it has 3 bolts holding it in.

with both my ball joints in about the middle position on the wishbone I was close to maximum negative camber I could achieve on the leg to hub bolts and my car's only on eibachs (25-30mm lower than standard), and that was only giving me about 1/2 degree negative camber.

David.

andy665, Well pleased actually. John warned me about cheap coilies but I just didn't have the ££ for Konigsports. At high speed they can wallow a little bit but that may be a function of it being a bit lower that it was. Overall though I'm happy with them, they're certainly not excessively harsh like lots of cheap coilovers are.