Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Lost side repeater wire...,DOH !

Hi all,

Was trying to fit me new side repeaters last night and thought to meself better not let that wire with the bulb holder attached dissapear down wing. Lo and behold turned me backj for 30 secs and it slipped down inside the wind..,GRRRRRRRR! Any ideas on how to get the darn thing back up to the hole to attach to the repeater?

Thanks guys

I did the same thing and found putting the wheel on lock and removing the screws / bolts up to the top of the wheel arch gives enough room to squeeze your arm up and re-feed it.

A Coat hanger bent into a hook saved me when I did exactly the same thing at Santa Pod... :? It's pretty easy to grab it with a hook anyway... :)

Yeah the coat hanger trick works well pull the wires through the hole in the scuttle panel attatch the wires to the coat hanger and feed it down the wing until it pops back through the hole it's a real pain inm the arse but we've all done it :D

pull the wires through the hole in the scuttle panel attatch the wires to the coat hanger and feed it down the wing until it pops back through the hole

Erm, why not just use the hook to pull it back through the side repeater's hole? :?: That's what I did... :)

Glad I'm not the only one who's done it though... I did feel a plonker when I did it! :roll: :oops:

yeah and i found it better doing it when dark so the torch light shows up better inside the wing. :)