Sign in to follow this  
Rams

Distinctive noise when turning left at slow speeds

If you can crack this one I would be a happy bunny,

When im turning into my drive way I can hear it perfectly, even if im in a car park and steering round to the next lane it makes the weird noise. I have had new wishbones, new anti roll bar, with new bushes and ball joints and top mounts and tir rod ends, so you could say that all of the under neath is new!

Im sure that when I have the window down going right round a rounabout the noise sounds like its going quicker and not as loud, just a higher pitch and faster revolutions.

Any ideas guys? The only thing I havent changed is the wheel brearings but they feel fine when you wiggle the wheel, well there is no movement. I did have an accident that took most of the force on that wheel and side so I guess its in that area and thats where the noise sounds like its comming from. I have even had a new power steering pump

I will check anything you chaps recommend as I want to get it sorted by the weekend then my C will be problem free, well apart from the sunroof, but its not going to defeat me :evil:

Can you describe more the weird noise? Scraping, whining, bumping, grinding, knocking...???

Its like a metal sort of noise, more like a metal sort of whining, like something has no oil or lubricant in in, maybe its the CV boot grease has dried up? The boot is fine and no signs of oil leakage, but its an avenue I havent tried.

hmmmm i hate to be the bearer of bad news but mine was doing the exact same thing and then the other day the diff self destructed, just somethin to check out and troubleshoot, i hope to god thats not what it is

ross

The noise doesnt sound like its a real bad noise, it doesnt make a noise at all at low speeds turning right, it does when turning left, if you are driving faster steering right, the noise seems like its a higher pitch. Not as deep, just quieter and higher pitch.

The diff, is that gearbox related? I did have someone say to me that my gearbox made funny noises when we had teh car running up on the ramp, but the noise started and then went away and back again so I hope its not. I have spent nearly 3 grand on this C from new pannels and full re spray, new head gasket, new wheels, springs, brakes, all mechanical parts from everything underneath, new steering wheel,tyres, grill, headlights fog lights so I hope the diff isnt going or im going to burst a blood vessel. My cltch need done, and one tensioner so I hope that was the problem with the gearbox, im sure it is but I hope other people can say it could be something else. What happened to you? How much did it cost to put right?

wheel bearing mate, and its your right one. it only makes the noise when under pressure i.e. turning left

Did you buy your rado as a kit car? :wink:

marksvr6, even though the wheel bearing feels tight?

Ps, It was from the accident why I had to change everything. It must be nearly brand new!! I will give it a try, it seems logical, maybe the bruit force of the accident has damaged it. Wheels bearings arnt that expensive, so I will do boyth fronts and see if that cures it. If anyone else thinks they may know then keep the e mails comming - thanks for your help - all 8)