Sign in to follow this  
Jim

You can do your car tax online..

I had to read that link twice, as I first saw it as "EvilPortalApp"!! Would have stood to reason, as the taxation system could have only been designed by Lucifer himself. :roll:

You need a new style MOT certificate to do this though, and not all test centres issue them yet - they're still rolling this out. My car was MOT'd last week and I got the old style certificate again.

You need a new style MOT certificate to do this though, and not all test centres issue them yet - they're still rolling this out. My car was MOT'd last week and I got the old style certificate again.

You mean the ones with VOSA in big blue/green writing in the top corner?

My last two have been the new VOSA ones, so I should be OK for online taxing!

Why they can't just debit our accounts once a year until told otherwise is beyond me.

Note sure what the new MOT's look like, but I think they're all printed, with no handwriting. Quote from the VOSA website:

After successful completion of trials VOSA began rolling out MOT Computerisation on the 18 April 2005 to all testing stations in Great Britain. All garages will be recording MOT results on the new centralised database and issuing the new receipt style MOT test certificates by October 2005. Along with this new MOT certificate motorists will be given an information leaflet ' Your new MOT certificate and buying road tax online' which explains these changes and the benefits of the new system

Note sure what the new MOT's look like, but I think they're all printed, with no handwriting. Quote from the VOSA website:

After successful completion of trials VOSA began rolling out MOT Computerisation on the 18 April 2005 to all testing stations in Great Britain. All garages will be recording MOT results on the new centralised database and issuing the new receipt style MOT test certificates by October 2005. Along with this new MOT certificate motorists will be given an information leaflet ' Your new MOT certificate and buying road tax online' which explains these changes and the benefits of the new system

Yeah they're the ones.... you'll spot them instantly as being different and as you say, they're not written out by hand anymore.

oh its there in big feck off letters 'declare sorn'

shame i cant find the reference number its jabbering about :mad:

neil.

Scary...I've just checked the details for all the cars that I've ever owned on that site, and only the C and my previous car that my partner now owns are still licensed and on the road! My previous three cars haven't been licenced for a number of years. Quite sad really - my poor old VW Beetle hasn't been licensed for 6 years!

8) very handy just declared the mr poo (mr2) sorn for another year and i just realised the mot on the rado runs out this month will have to get it booked in on the weekend

Ooookay... the Corrado I wrote off and scrapped in 2000 is due for tax in August and last changed owner 05/2004... :|

Oh, and my Automatic Golf MKI hasn't been taxed since 1999 and hasn't been declaired SORN... :roll: someone's been a little naughty... ;)

Just realised why I havent had the registration document sent through for my new C - Previous owner has not sent it off yet!

Will he not get an £80 fine if he does not send it off? (remember an add on tv about it?)

Im a bit worried about him cos he has a set of keys + alarm fob for it (which he keeps "forgetting" to post), he also knows where I live!

Good to see that there will be no way of getting a tax disc without insurance and MOT etc once it is all electronic.

yeah me too, however i beleive that not only will previous owner get a fine .... unlikely it will ever get issued, but we will also have to pay fro the pleasure of getting a suitable replacement V5.

now how fair is that?

My V5 hasn't come through either yet - nearly a year now - but I know the car is registered to me cos I received a reminder for an unpaid parking ticket (that never actually appeared on my car in the first place :? ). Contrast this to my last car that the DVLA sent me two V5's for.

I really ought to ring them and get a replacement.

I've just tried to buy tax for my bike. Got all the way to the end and it's rejected both my VISA debit card and VISA credit card.

Looks like they don't support that standard :mad:

Bit of an oversight really :roll: I don't have anything else!