Sign in to follow this  
rado-steve

New Wheels...Will 17's Fit without mods?????

Hi All,

Just been pricing up some new 16" Alloys, but can get 17's in the same style for £30 more!!!!!!

Bargain I thought! But I remember fitting 17's to my Mk2 GTI and had to cut and roll the arches, big pain in the a55!

So will 17's fit on a C without cutting and rolling the arches????

Cheers

Steve

depends on the et you get, and tyre width,ive got 17's on my car lowered approx 60mm,running 205's and not done any arch mods at all

yeap like daz said, depends on offset etc.. myn lowered abt 100mm. rubs though on full lock.. not that it bothers me!!

17's look great, but bare in mind, and this is just from the advice i got when i was changing wheels, that 17's may give you quite a harsh ride, and also 16's "apparently" suit the handling better than 17's.

On the flip side to that arguement, there are loads of owners in this forum running 17's and they are the best people to say how 17's feel on the car. I have only had 15's and 16's on mine, and have to say the differnence is unreal on cornering, although you do a pay a price on the comfort factor.

Just my 2'ps worth.! hope it helps!

I've had 15, 16 and 17" wheels on my grey G60... 15s were the best for comfort and acceleration (much lighter)

The 17s made the car less responsive and the ride much harsher.

The 16s are a nice compromise between looks, ride and handling... I'll be sticking with my 16s from now on... 8)

I've got 17's on mine with standard ride height at the moment and I get slight rubbing on the inner arch at full lock (but only when turning left and only in the off side arch)

It's about to be dropped 60mm in the next few weeks so I'll probably be able to tell you what its like then...