Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Not a nice sight---Check Your Handbrakes!!

bonjour.

Having recently broken a raddo i noticed that the handbrake had been welded where it is bolted at the base. This made me a bit paranoid as to why my handbrake is a bit loose (( as in it moves from side to side ))....

i know my rear calipers are good for sweet F A ...so i thought that was the reason my handbrake went so high...but unfortunatly not.... :( ...see pic...

Im now gonna have to have mine welded....so this was just to say....watch ur handbrakes....cos 2 out of 2 of my raddos have broken ones!.

Had similar in my last C, managed to slide a modified large washer underneath and bolt it back in place.

bugger thats not good - hope thats not the result of too many hand brake turns!!! Good luck getting it fixed...

hehe...no hand brake turns from me! :wink:

im thinking the washer thing would be a little tricky....

same thing happened to my c, only noticed it when changing interior over got it sorted though

i got my old man to weld it back into place - he knows his stuff with welding he been doing it for years

Blimey, must be a VW trait - my polo did the same thing! found it creaking down a hill at about 1am! :shock:

ashvdub, be brave mate... it'd be better to find out now rather than when I gives up completely and you find your car a bit further down the hill than you parked it :?

yeah...also if you get it early you might be able to do the " larger washer " fix...i think mine is a bit past it!.

Mine did exactly the same recently!

I put the car up on a ramp at my mates garage and took down the heat sheilding in the tunnel and put a bolt through with a big washer on it. Worked a treat!

My local garage managed to pull my handbrake off the base during the last MOT test. They fixed it with a welded in washer and nut but the damn thing is now off centre. Needless to say, they're not my local garage anymore (cowboys)...