Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Fuel Lines -- Cant wait 3 weeks !!

Don't surpose anyone can suggest some miracle way of getting two replacement fuel lines delivered tommorrow can they!

Part nos

535201293D

535201219B

Looking at a week - 6 weeks from various main dealers and i really needed this done this weekend. But they are apparantly "shaped"

Yeah they are shaped and also orientation arrowed/colour coded....I bought the last pair a short while ago :D

Don't forget to replace the hose clamps aswell.

Just use some free length hose the same bore and cut it accordingly, as a temporary measure.

Cheers Kev (for buying the last ones LOL).

Seems to be a lot to take off to get at them, bulk head end! Finding it hard to get any pipes off the plastic intake pipe without brakeing something aswell. Any tips!

Then its heat shield of the inner wing i surpose?

Jubilee clips ok on fuel lines?

Cheers

Nick

Is it me or is everything going at once on my car!

Stanley knife and cut along the length of the pipe, carefully. Jubille clips are ok for the fuel line.

Gavin

Nick,

It's really simple mate. The induction stuff comes off real easy, just be brutal with it, it won't break!

The hoses pull off the fuel rail easily enough, then follow them back to the main plastic hoses under the brake servo. The foil wrap is velcro'd, so unpeels so you can get to the hoses. Then if they're tight, do as Gav says and slice the hose to reduce the hose's hold, then it'll come off easily.

VW do some nice jubilee clips especially for fuel lines, so use those mate. They're lined to stop the clamp cutting into the rubber.

Great info thanks. I had a box of halfords ones and they looked like the small ones required would cut into the rubber as they dont stay round. Will grab some from vag in the morning, nice one!

Found a dealer who have promised me both lines by end of next week too!

So it will be temp fix for 1 week if they keep there word.

Cheers boys, and here to another weekend spent on the C !!

Will be posting up some decent picks of her tonight when i get home if you want a proper look at this horribly thing that seems to take up all of my time now! Can tell me if it looks worth the effort....................

Seem to perish with age, the cause of my failure was down to they being removed for engine work. Discovered they were spraying fuel out of the join onto the rail. Scary thing was i must have driven a 100 miles or so wondering why i could smell fuel before i found it.

Thanks Tekara, and the same can be said for yours for sure mate.

Dr Forinor......had older cars with no fuel line issues before, but the i reckon its normal W&T on a C VR. Me thinks its due to the rubber pipes being strapped so close to an engine that runs very hot in the VR, and they have lasted 11+ years. Nearer the bulk head they look much fresher. Was a little suprised but seems a common prob.

Both have 1994 stamped on them, so i surpose they've done ok.