Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

Camber and Tracking- Nightmare

i decided to go and get my tracking done today from a place near horsham called "Elite". (was there at 10am) this was the only local-ish place i found that would be able to do my tracking and camber, has my car is so low.

ended up taking 6h 30m for an hour tops job.

Got there "sorry to low wont go on the ramp"...."you have got a ramp silly bollockks, its a pit", but it wont go on and the gugaes will hit the panels once wheels are turned.

so went to a mates place about 10 mins away got it jacked and started raising the car up, than the front suspension was seized coz of lil stones with tar on them that stuck to the suspension arm..... think this is due to the new road being laid near g-werks :roll: gets better sorted out this issue and got it all moving raised the car and took it back,,,,

now i got some stoopid lil chav trying to do my tracking and soon has he started i told him if he scratches my car i will break his teeth,,,, clearly a trainee cockk ended up taking abt an hour doing one side of the camber so i went to this guvnor and complained,,,ended up getting the guvnor to work on the car has the chav muppit seized the track rod bolts,,,,by turning them the wrong fuckking way :mad: so me so pisssed off jus walked off and had abt 10 fags, come back and its nearly done and a big bill and a 2cm long chip on the pass side arch and proper deep too,, i went :mad: :mad: :mad: (now abt 3pm) didnt pay the bill and got the printout and left (yes i di go looking for the chav,,but he went into hiding) the manager was really cool btw and totally understanding and didnt expect me to pay either.

got back and lowered the car again, went to the bodyshop and got the chip sorted for free, result, it was an easy fix and bodyshop man realised i been dealing with a plank all day and was cool abt helping me. now 4:30pm come home relax, nice day off in the world of corrado ownership

6h30m for tracking and camber new record i think

When I had my old Golf VR6 done, I left it with the Garage for an hour, they were going to ring me when finished. After 2 hours I phoned them and they had shut my keys in the car. 26 miles later I have a spare set with them, upon getting the car home I found gouges and deep (shiny) scratches on all four doors and the internal door frame with flakes of fresh paint in the rubber seals. Not a happy man. Took the car back and they accepted total liability and paid for the repair. One of their junior monkeys had decided he knew how to get in after they shut the keys in, but they didn't tell me in case I didn't notice!! I had a courtesy car for three days whilst it was in the bodyshop.

Getting my alignment done soon.

Getting rather worried now though.

if you had the alignment done on a higher ride height, and then lower it wouldn't it push the settings out again?

Majik, shoulda seen what i done to the setting before i took it in,,,,it was all over the place...

the settings will be inaccurate now the car is lower,,, but its still better than before which is wat i wanted plus it doesnt rub anymore with the toe was buggered

Ah maaaaaan, not cool. Sorry to hear you had such a PITA getting it done. The bloke I took mine to was moaning about the track rod ends n' all - or more to the point, the locking nut for the TRE. I'm praying he turned mine the right way before giving up. Still, I've replaced just about everything else in that region of the car - so why not them too :roll:

Glad to hear you got it sorted in the end, albeit at the cost of half a day. Still, fingers crossed you'll find the chav to get that back mwahaha :twisted:

bummer mate.. :roll:

I'd have taken yr car to either Elite in Rainham essex or Xtreme in Harlow.. they have alignment gauges which sit on rim rather than top pf tyre, the tyres can be well in arches, they can still track it!!

Ive had myn steup from STS in Bedford who have a corner weight system.. Henny no's abit more abt it.. they are facking good but bloody expensive!! :cry:

you have a little to play with height wise before it goes out again.

Sorry to hear about that hassle!

I left my G60 in to get it done, the lad said "its not 100%, but its ok" like hell it was, the tracking was worse and it ate the front tyres, what a shower of muupets, i wont ever go back there, there is one person here in Ireland that i trust and i have seen his work, so it will be going back to him!

jesus m8,sounds like you got really messed about! and the scratch! :mad:

i set my camber with an old spirit level gauge type thing :lol: ,and its mint!

neil.