Sign in to follow this  
Anton

Heater Matrix

Hi,

The latest episode into VR6 ownership has been my heater matrix as failed. So now I'm powering up to take the dash out :shock:

I just wanted to know if I should be doing any other jobs while it's out.

I'm soooo glad I still have my 1.8

Thanks.

Well, as you gotta drain the coolant you could do any of the following...

Replace hoses

Plastic flanges

Radiator

Water pumps(s)

Expansion Tank

Thermostat and Housing

Temp senders

my mate lives in worthing and he replaced my heater matrix you can give him a ring if u want yours done.........klaus 07973252531 very cheap unlike vw garages

buy a load of cable ties and tie all the wires, seat the dash vents with duct tape. Clean the windscreen witht the dash out as you can clear the base really well. if you need to do any stereo wiring for an ice install do it now!!

Thanks for the scary photo :pale: I have already planned a mild ICE upgrade but would like you to clarify, are the cable ties to hold the wires in place while the dash is out or to reinforce the existing loom? and similarly the duct tape. I see your point about the windscreen though.

Thanks Again

Anton

The wires get every where when putting them back in place. the tape it to hold the plastic pipes in place when you put the dash back in and seal them up.

Dont overtighten hoses onto new matrix pipes - they are made of plastic, I believe. My garage man said it caught them out as other matrices(?) for other cars have metal pipes.

I have a previously enjoyed and still good heater matrix and misc coolant system bits available if you're interested :) [/shameless plug]