Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

Cleaning the roof liner

Anyone know the best way to clean the roof liner, take it out?? dont like the sound of that.

I was thinking of getting one of those wet and dry vac's on it but dont know if they work upside down???

I have bought some of that 'dry clean' spray made by 'simmonz' (think). Its made for car upholstry etc. I bought it to do the roof linning but still haven't got round to doing it yet... maybe next weekend.

It's easier than you would think to take it out. Just removed the plastic on the corners and slide it out the rear. Be very carefull as its very flimsy and is really a two man job to get it back in.

The fact the material is so thin makes it extremely easy to clean. I used Auto Glym interior cleaner / shampoo, strayed it on and with a damp cloth wipe it clean. I had oilly marks when I was fixing the sunroof and even they came out and it looks brand new.

Just do it on a cool day or you end up dripping as the motion to wipe upwards is always harder!

I tried taking mine off but gave up because it seemed to be held in place near the sunroof...

Where are all the fixings on the roof - any details on removing would be enormously appreciated :)

Nick

Start by removing the sunvisors and the intrior light situated infront of the sunroof. Then take out the B-Piller trim, A-Piller trim followed finally by the C-piller. Its pretty straight forward but will require parts like the seatbelt to be disconnected from the B-Piller. The one bit that got me was the coat hook. The cover slides up and off!! I had to look at the Bentley manual to work this out without damaging anything :shock:. The rear upper trim just pops out. The area around the sunroof has a rubber seal that can be pulled out leaving the headliner to be removed from out of the rear vehicle.

If you still have difficulty I can send you the diagrams from the manual, otherwise come to Essex and i'll help you.

Regards

Simon

I kept mine in the car and used upholstery foam cleaner and it worked a treat. Took out alot of marks on the headlining that I had. Couldn't really face taking the headlining out myself, a bit lazy me. :p

you have probably done it by now, but i had the same problem with mine when i purchased my C just under a year ago. I was advised to use an Auto Glym 'leather cleaner. Strange i know but all you have to do is add a couple of cap fulls in a bucket of warm water and scrub the roof with a cloth, and then wipe off the excess with a second dry cloth. If you hoover the roof first it makes all the difference.

have ago - well pleased with mine :D

The fact the material is so thin makes it extremely easy to clean. I used Auto Glym interior cleaner / shampoo, strayed it on and with a damp cloth wipe it clean. I had oilly marks when I was fixing the sunroof and even they came out and it looks brand new.

Just do it on a cool day or you end up dripping as the motion to wipe upwards is always harder!

Spot on. I used that too, it's excellent.

If not, use some washing machine soap powder in hot water....works even better.

K

Spot on. I used that too, it's excellent.

If not, use some washing machine soap powder in hot water....works even better.

K

I used the auto glym to, with good results :).