Sign in to follow this  
brian g60 corrado

b+m short shifters any good

i have heard of a few people changing std shifters to b+m short shifters are they worth doing.what mods are required and do you have to change cables for best results.has anyone got one for sale or best place to get one from

i got as someone was selling one, so ceased the opportunity!

I havent really tried it to its potential yet as my car is standard.

The only mods i needed to do were grind abit of the lip surrounding the gearstick as a pin has to come out, i think there is a way of getting the mechanism out from under the car if you need to.

I think they are a little expensive (retail) for what it is....but thats always the case with corrado's!

Hi

I have one which is brand new never fitted and still in its original box and wrapping. It is actually for a mk4 golf but will fit a corrado (instructions from a VWCCGB supplied). I believe they do make a considerable difference but I have decided to leave mine as standard.

They cost in the region of £120 rrp - I will sell mine fo £90 incl delivery.

I had probs with mine because it went in a mk2 golf and the floor pan curved up meaning that the stick would slip out of 2nd and 4th. When this wasnt happening though it was great fun, - really short and make a satisfying 'clicking' sound. Only prob your likely to have is getting the central pin out of the front, - as majik says, you can grind this, or cane it with a hammer....not that i did this at all..... :p

Hi guys, B&M fitted to my C and goes a treat, slick changes with ease. Needs care when fitting and one or two little mods make all the difference. If fitted right will give very worthwhile results. If anyone does not fancy the fitting but wants the results drop me a line.

OK, for those guys who want to undertake this task, when i fitted mine initially, the reverse could be selected without pushing the the gearstick down, this was because the groove cut in the stick is smaller than required, making the stick a little bit down hence reverse could be selected. What i did was use a bench grinder to enlarge the groove towards the bottom of the stick and this cured the problem as it is now pushed up abit more.

Does the B+M sit up much higher than the original stick?

Anyone got a picture of it fitted in the car

Cheers

Dan