Sign in to follow this  
Storm Warning

Value and look of BBS RCs

Hi, I have been offered a set of BBS RCs which I am quite keen to put on my Storm. They are 17" 7.5 ET 35 with 205/40/17 Dunlop SP 9090 on them. They are nearly mint.

How much are they worth? and will they look stupid with standard "allroad" ride height. (will be getting coilovers one day)

Thanks,

Duncan

They can be bought brand new with decent tyres for £1K, so s/hand no more than £600 imo.... any more and you might aswell buy new ones.

I thought the RC's were no longer available in the UK?

What do you think about the ride height, am I going to need the put some bricks in the boot until I get it lowered (or at least leveled)?

Storm Warning, they are not produced by BBS anymore full stop. You maybe able to buy them still brand new, but you got to find someone who has a stock!!!

Keep all your parts if your moding your storm...

No it's certain sizes of RCs that are no longer made, the 17s are still in production. Call Topgear.co.uk and they'll tell you "7 to 21 days direct from the factory"

kevhaywire, Ahh funny that.. Topgear are who told me that very story.

LOL, doesn't surprise me.... the branch I rang where adamant they could get 17s....but did say the 16s are no longer made. Was going to go for it but got some RXs instead.

ok.. i just rung top gear in st albans as they seem to have a branch in every place in the UK lol.. the chap on the fone said they DONT STOCK BBS RC's at all & checked the system.. they maybe advertised on there website, but they are discontinued!!

he asked which branch advised they were in stock??? I said a mate told me LOL

he told me to try styledynamics.. !!

I have resisted the urge to mod my Storm for nearly 4 years now, and my VR was stock too for a year or 2 before that. I once tried a Ram Air induction kit but under accelleration it was deafening and rattling the interior so it lasted 3 miles! plus it felt like I had commited a crime on the Storm.

My Solitudes are probably the worse example ever, I will get the refurbed and store them one day. I can imagine that if/when I get some 17s they won't last either before I get guilty.

Do you think that it will look stupid on std ride height on 17s? I am considering a drop soon (and a respray)

I keep looking at RXs too, possibly 16s to give a little more of a OEM look but the RCs are sooo nice.

Bally, yeah, shed loads of places to choose on their answerphone system, I just picked one at random, some bloke said "ello?" "Erm, is that Top Gear?" "yes".... LOL! Quality call management :roll:

Anyway, this chap that could barely speak english said he could get 17" RCs from the german factory in 7 to 21 days.....whether that was strictly true I dunno.....but more people are saying it's game over for the RC than that it's still available....so I'd believe them....

My Solitudes are probably the worse example ever

Yep, Sollies are the worst wheel BBS have ever produced for corrosion problems. Still, loads of MK3 Golfs got those too, so you might be able to find a good set.

Do you think that it will look stupid on std ride height on 17s? I am considering a drop soon (and a respray)

Imo, yes, a mild drop completely changes the look...in a good way. Keep the standard setup as it's easily reversible.

I keep looking at RXs too, possibly 16s to give a little more of a OEM look but the RCs are sooo nice.

I prefer the RX for looks and the RC for it's silly low weight (for a drop cast 17")....

Thanks that helps a lot. I am on a limited budget at the moment, and I badly want a respray this summer. Do you think I will get away with eibach lowering springs or should I hold off the whole 17" thing until I can afford some FK coils or silimar

I would lower the suspension on the standard wheels first and see how it feels because the ride will get stiffer still with 17s.

I would always advise against fitting Eibach springs to standard dampers but it's something you can get away with and your perogative. I'd wait for the FKs personally....

without wanting to totally change the subject of the thread, do you think that the extra feature of adjustable damping is worth the extra money on the FK Konigsport over the high sport is worth it?

Maybe I should obtain the RCs while I can :-) I have a service very very soon, the results of that will make all the difference on my pocket money.

I find the damping adjustment useful because my car is fairly low on reasonably large alloys, it lets me stiffen the ride to reduce the chances of any rubbing issues.

cheers for that pic rustynuts gives me an idea what mine will look like on my rc's yours is a little higher but stil looks good i might wind mine up a bit when shes back together.

dont get eibach springs on std shocks, it'll knock your teeth out. save up and get the best coiler overs availble on your storm. don't go cheap. bbs rc are nice i had them for 2 1/2 yrs, bitch to clean properly thou. i managed to damage one of mine, beyond repair and IF they can get a wheel in the size i need, 7.5x17 et35 4x100 they are £240. each, i have had to scrap them, (well they are in the garage, still looking for a spare one) 1 paid 1200 for them originaly, sucks. also the cost to repair the remaining 3 to the brillient siver they come in is stupid. and most wheel referbs don't like to touch them. bugger.

Sorry Kev, think the RC's far better looking wheel than the RX- with its center cap etc - just my point of view though! Anyway CAN THE RC's STILL BE BOUGHT NEW!!! - I've had no luck myself!

Sorry Kev, think the RC's far better looking wheel than the RX- with its center cap etc - just my point of view though! Anyway CAN THE RC's STILL BE BOUGHT NEW!!! - I've had no luck myself!

Thats what I did along with about 10 others :lol: good looking rim tho/close to BBS RC, 16s (16x7.5 ET20) fit brembo. So where can you go wrong!