Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Best sounding car ever ?

Don't know about the best sounding car ever, but the best sounding car I've ever owned is definately the VR, I just love that sound when you put your foot down 8)

In no order:

Aston Martin DB7 Vantage with factory exhaust up grade

Guy H's R32 AMD stage 3

TVR (all of them..lol)

Ultima GTR

Corrado VR6 with a big air filter!!! Nicest induction noise from any car I've been in!

Of course, all air cooled VW's, but also, VR6 with Magnex system & K&N induction kit. (My mates neighbour thought i had a VW with some sort of TVR enging in it once! Nice compliment I thought)

Likewise, all TVR's, Air cooled 911's driven hard, and all V8's.

dinkus, sorry, but I'm with Del on that one... I still love the sound of a well played with flat4 engine... especially one that's got a supercharger bolted to it... ;)

Ohh ok, so now you're talking about modified ones... that's a very different story.

The Beetles certainly sounded like poop out of the factory...

sorry guys, theres no way after at least a billion squillion cars are made that a corrado makes top 5 on sound

Ah that unmistakable humor of dr_mat!

This is the Corrado forum after all - we're all bound to be a BIT biased!!

Still being as objective as possible a VR with induction kit is one of the nicest noises you will hear coming from a car. No question :wink:

Still being as objective as possible a VR with induction kit is one of the nicest noises you will hear coming from a car. No question :wink:

Yeah, I second that, although I don't know what a VR sounds like without induction kit, but I know that mine's got one and it sounds great!!

GazzaG60

I firmly beleive the VR6 induction noise is up there with the big boys!!! I don't have one, so to hear one as a passenger once in while is pretty damn special 8)

The VR6 boys need as much help as they can get :wink:

In no particular order :-

Ferrari 360

Aston Martin Vanquish

Mclaren Mercedes

BMW M3 CSL

and I hate to say it but my old Turbo Technics Brooklands 280 capri just blew me away, i loved it........oh and my Golf VR6 was up there too but that was more induction than exhaust note..........:)

I prefer the sound of a VR to any 4 pot, even a scoobie, but thats just me. One of the ferraris has to be number one, have seen plenty of lambos but usually on the kings road going 5mph, even then it was like thunder!

It won't be a popular one here but an nsx-r screaming up to the red line sounds pretty amazing.

i love the sound of VR's in the morning... (cue 'Ride of the Valkyries')

love the sound of the big old muscle cars, probably comes from growing up with the dukes of hazzard, the VR deffinatly has the best engine sound of any car i've personally driven, that howl curls my toes every time. Am i the old person who thinks ferarri's sound poo? too whiny and raspy for me, i like a nice meaty note.

just thinking, the last Cerbera V8 I saw sounded pretty damn good too, crackle and pop, brilliant. Think that the fuel getting burnt thru the exhaust or something? maybe as it hasnt got 4 valves per cylinder.

Ahh talking of non-road legal stuff, the full on mentalist turbo rally cars running anti-lag are pretty pant-soiling when they lift off and you get all the fuel ditched straight down the exhaust...

BWAAAAAA WHUMPA CRACKLE CRACKLE THUD THUD BWAAAAA

[/dodgy sound effects]