Sign in to follow this  
Andi

SE area: aircon recommendation

For anyone like me who has aircon - and lives south of the Thames (I'm not sure if he goes any further north) I can highly recommend Southern Aircon.

Kevin (he's a sole trader) has just sorted the aircon on my C which has been faulty for the past year.

It didn't need a regas - it was relay trouble. He'd been sourcing a Daviair relay for me for the past month, and it finally arrived, and cost him £30 inc. VAT, so I got it at his cost, plus another, more standard, relay, which cost a fiver - and the total bill came to £45 after being with me for just over an hour!

He's mobile, so he comes to you at work, home, weekends, whatever, and his lead time at the moment is about 7-8 days.

Full regas costs about £70-80 and he's a top bloke!

Southern Aircon

Office: 020 8296 0859

I have a chap who opwns his own company called Cool care, he is monbile too and would charge people I know £50 for a regas.

So anyone in the bournemouth, poole or willing to travel, give me a shout and I will forward you is number.

He has done many things to my Corrado as he is an engineer, including fixing my sunroof and helping me with all my odd and sods with the C so he already has experience with these cars.

Dont mean to iron your post Andi, but you are in a slightly different area and the more aid we ca give the C enthuasiasts the better I say! :D

Indeed, m8, it's no prob! :)

And, tbh, I was guessing his regas price.. that's what he said to a customer on the phone whilst I was there - but that could've been for a Beamer 8-series or something ;)

The normal price is around that figure if not more, it is well easy to do and the gas actually cost the engineer around a tenner so its a good business! He said he would fit the system for me for free, all I need is the system!!!! :lol:

You'd have to ring and ask, but you might have to source the system yourself first.

i think i'll get a dashboard fan for know i hear its gonna be back to usual by end of the week thudering showers etc etc

Spoke to Kevin:

Full installs - nope - not really worth his while since companies that sell kits can normally install it cheaper.

As for the regas, £75+VAT is the official price, but the Corrado-forum.net discount (*cough* ca$h *cough*) is £50.