Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Oh Boll*cks not again!!!

Just been out for a leisurely drive getting it all set for tomorrows run on the rolling road, I had just filled up with petrol and as I was pulling out of the petrol station thats when it happened, there was a huge thud and jerk as I hit about 4.5k revs I knew exactly what it was the front engine mount had given up again but this time it has put a whacking great dent in the underside of the bonnet luckily you cant see it from the top but it is still a pain in the ar*e. The worst thing is that I only changed it in march as the old one was letting go for a ecp part maybe it's time to uprate to a turn 2 one or vibratech one. So now the day at the rollers had had to be cancelled as there is no chance of getting a new mount on by tomorrow so I am thoroughly pissed off!!! Blo*dy corrado always breaks at the worst possible time!!!!

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen eh? :)

Just kidding mate... sucks though as I remeber you only getting it sorted out recently. Time to go a bit more heavy duty this time I guess! :)

get a volkspeed one.

no movement n save damage to other things like o2 hgarness and radiator (wonder why i know this)

use a hockey puck and a half! that's what we do over here in canada eh!! :D

use a hockey puck and a half! that's what we do over here in canada eh!!

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

haha andi. i haven't done it personally, but i've heard of many people with high-torque G60s using a hockey puck and one cut in half bolted together as a motor mount. if you snap em like ant does, you probably don't care much if you run with a stiffer mount, and the puck trick holds up to the power. hockey pucks are tough shit! ..ever taken one off the face you brits?? heh :p :thumb right:

haha andi. i haven't done it personally, but i've heard of many people with high-torque G60s using a hockey puck and one cut in half bolted together as a motor mount. if you snap em like ant does, you probably don't care much if you run with a stiffer mount, and the puck trick holds up to the power. hockey pucks are tough s***! ..ever taken one off the face you brits?? heh :p :thumb right:

That's basically what the Turn2 heavy duty VR6 front mounts are....awful things.

Kev

The volks-speed ones are really good.I`ve been using one for years and it`s held up fine, even when running 260hp.

Jason