Sign in to follow this  
Blown

R1 or Lysholm?

Okay,seeing as I'll probably have to get my charger rebuilt anyway,I was wondering if there was much difference between the stage 4(which is what I got) and the R1?

What are the performance gains?

Or would I be better of chucking the G-lader over my shoulder and get busy with the BBM/Lysholm unit as it appears to be more reliable?

If I do,is it a straight bolt in or is there a bit of fettling with the ECU to be done/belt change/bracketry work to be done as well?

At the moment,due to a temporary restriction on cash,of the foreign travelling kind,the R1 is looking the more favourable of the two.

Answers on a postcard or the back of a stuck down envelope to the usual address please. 8)

im gonna go R1 just feel its a bit of sacrilidge to change from the g-lader! i know, i know ive done other things that are non origional but hey :p !!

Personally I'd go fo a BBM/Lysholm. I love G60's, but the BBM/lysholm is seen to be a lot more reliable, and more efficient. You can get the BBM/lysholm in a kit form to directly replace the G-lader too.

The only shocker is the cost, but hey its only money after all!!! :lol:

The only shocker for me is the noise, probably ok with a silencer kit but non silenced great for shows but pants for daily driving. Power figures are good though and are capable of producing more boost.

A lysholm kit will cost enought to get at least 2 if not 3 rebuilds on the charger. Thats well over 100 000 miles of use.

No contest for me.

If it turns out to be worn beyond sorting then it would be back to the drawing board IMO.

Gavin

ISV automatically bleeds boost once a certain pressure is reached. Unless you are going to address this issue, there's no point spending a fortune on a Lysholme.

I had a thought the other day..... these big old bastard Vortechs for the VR6....I wonder if they'd fit the G60? An unstressed 20 psi all day long....

ISV automatically bleeds boost once a certain pressure is reached. Unless you are going to address this issue, there's no point spending a fortune on a Lysholme.

Just about got around this problem now with a few ECU mods and some alterations to the maps for those engines with blowers that produce boost over the ISV's bleed off threshold.